Well I got controller mod done and went out for a test run GPS and all.
I didnt even get it up to full speed and broke down.
Had sparks coming out of the motor.
Got off it and found out that these IDIOTS had the motor wires wrapped
so tight around the axle that the wires stretched and were sparking everywhere.
Even the protective wire coating a foot up near the controller is ripped.
I had to push it home nearly a mile! To make things worse, the wires might of tightened
around the axle cause there was resistance pushing the thing.
I couldnt push it all the way on my own, so I give the motor a little throttle while pushing.
Couldnt throttle that much or it would spark all over and very slow going.
Now what? is the controller and motor smoked?
You cant even disconnect the batteries. Under the seat is a trap door, you can see
batteries but the posts are out of reach wouldnt you know.
So does this thing have a fuse or some kinda shut off? I dont wanna get shocked, I guess
I gotta cut the harness at the motor and re-splice with some slack in there.
I can make it look professional, solder shrink wrap and wire tie it along the frame rail.
Any ideas help or thoughts on this? I dont want it to be a hazard in the garage overnight either!