Bionx Motor PL350 Connector Pin Out and Hacking

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
engineerable
Bionx Motor PL350 Connector Pin Out and Hacking

I have a 350W Bionx Motor that I would like to use without their controller. I was originally under the impression that the motor connections would be the same as other brushless hub motors (3 power wires, and 5 sensor wires) with the exception of extra connections for the torque sensor. However I was surprised to see only 2 large power wires, and 6 smaller wires. I don't understand how a brushless motor can work with only 2 power wires, unless the speed controller is actually inside the motor. From the pictures I've seen of the controller inside the battery box, it appears to only be a battery management system, since I haven't seen any power mosfets for driving the motor. Is that correct? Does anyone know the pin out for the motor connectors? Has the motor been hacked to work with standard controllers (or without controllers if the speed controller is actually built in)?
Thanks,
Dan

vancamp
Re: Bionx Motor PL350 Connector Pin Out and Hacking

I can't help you with pinouts or other internal info, but the pictures I've seen show the mosfets inside the motor.

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage