vectrix display

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
kevin smith
kevin smith's picture
vectrix display

does any body now if there a sticker to go over the kph as in the uk we use mph and on the vectrix the mph is in red and very small can see it but its a pain as i think a translucent sticker to go over the kph would be great mate ?????
thanks

moccasin
moccasin's picture
Re: vectrix display

Don't fight it. Your brain will eventually recognize the key numbers. For example, in my routine riding area, I will encounter speed limits of 25mph, 35mph, and 55mph. My eyes have gotten used to where those points are on the gauge. You could also stick some little colored dots on the screen where your normal "check points" would be.

kevin smith
kevin smith's picture

yeh cheers but these speed cameras are a bummer there all over the place

myvectrix2008
myvectrix2008's picture

Same here - although I am more used to KMH now, I still would prefer primarily in MPH as I'd rather be concentrating on the road, than working out my MPH or looking for the smaller digits. A more permanent change of display would be better rather than a stuck over the top decal.

I suppose that's what you get for buying an American brand - can't really knock it though as the Vectrix is such a well thought out, great piece of engineering in my opinion.

MOSFETmeltdown
MOSFETmeltdown's picture

I don't think that the Kilometres Per Hour display is sensible for the UK.

Maybe it's my eyes, but I find trying to make out the MPH too difficult - when riding.

I aim for about 50 klicks and know that's about 30 MPH.

One thing I have done is to mount my Sat Nav on the handlebar cover of my Vectrix. (I took the cover off to swap my front and rear brake hoses over) When I choose the speedo display, I see this:

That gives me a digital and analogue MPH display.

Any decent SatNav will have 'speed limit warning' too.

You could do this with a smartphone too.

Cheers, Dave.

azvectrix

I suppose that's what you get for buying an American brand .

We prefer MPH over here, too. The only Americans with a good feeling for distances in kilometers are the ones running in 10K races.

myvectrix2008
myvectrix2008's picture

That surprises me (maybe it's just through watching way too many films). I've never been to the US - although I would really like to one day.

It makes you wonder why Vectrix chose not to use 2 different displays like car manufacturers would by producing 1 model for the US and for UK. No need to convert from LHD to RHD on a bike though!

Wotnopetrol

The only thing I can think of is that Vectrix thought that the machine would really take off in Europe. But the home market's needs should be just as important too, so why no proper mph scale? After all, it's just a bit of painted tinplate surely. Not a big cost to produce two versions.

My car was imported from (kph) Japan back to (mph) UK. The importers just changed over the relatively cheap speedo innards. They had to do the whole mechanism because the odometer was also in kilometres, so even if the pointer pointed at the same place on an mph card, the odo would have still been wrong.

Not so on the Vectrix though, having a digital switchable odo. Maybe they should have given us a digital speedo display instead.

I don't mind the kph too much, but I obviously would prefer it to be in mph as the primary calibration.

Maybe it was thought that to mph countries, we would think it a bit chic to have a vehicle speedo in kph? Or to make us think that we we were travelling very fast!! Haha!

Simon

tom5007

The only thing I can think of is that Vectrix thought that the machine would really take off in Europe. But the home market's needs should be just as important too, so why no proper mph scale? After all, it's just a bit of painted tinplate surely. Not a big cost to produce two versions.

My car was imported from (kph) Japan back to (mph) UK. The importers just changed over the relatively cheap speedo innards. They had to do the whole mechanism because the odometer was also in kilometres, so even if the pointer pointed at the same place on an mph card, the odo would have still been wrong.

Not so on the Vectrix though, having a digital switchable odo. Maybe they should have given us a digital speedo display instead.

I don't mind the kph too much, but I obviously would prefer it to be in mph as the primary calibration.

Maybe it was thought that to mph countries, we would think it a bit chic to have a vehicle speedo in kph? Or to make us think that we we were travelling very fast!! Haha!

Good thinking Simon, Maybe it is meant to tell us in the UK to finally move to the metric system. And once we have kilometers like all the others on the continent we could also swap to Euro's too. Now with pound/euro parity it is an excellent time. Uuups, I think I am serious out of topic here, sorry

Norman

rgx

yeh cheers but these speed cameras are a bummer there all over the place

We have them over here too, but they don't apply to motorbikes since these can't be identified by the (frontal) photo, nor can the driver. Same goes for foreign cars, or for anyone driving someone else's car (borrowed or stolen doesn't matter), or if the front plate is dirty or missing. Only if you drive your own, registered car with clearly visible plates do you have to worry.

kevin smith
kevin smith's picture

dont think my vectrix scooter would make it to where you live on one charge only getting 30 miles range at the moment .
till the nice people of vectrix sort it out soon i have faith in them . what's that in kph am guessing about 50 kph does sound far though haha

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage