XM-5000Li Photos

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
AndyH
XM-5000Li Photos

The first 5000Lis arrived in the US on Dec 19th '08 and were photographed on the 30th. These are the first photos available of the actual 5000Li. The photos currently on the 'net - including dealer sites - are of the 3500Li.

xm5000li-angle-left-red_800.jpg

xm5000li-angle-left-blue_800.jpg

xm5000li-angle-left-black_800.jpg

Andy

www.rechargeablelithiumpower.com

AndyH
High Resolution XM-5000Li Photos
ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture
Re: High Resolution XM-5000Li Photos

Are you a dealer for X-Treme?

<table border="0" style="border:1px solid #999999; padding:10px;"><tr><td>
<a href="http://www.BaseStationZero.com">[img]http://visforvoltage.org/files/u419...
[size=1][color=black]www.[/color][color=#337799]BaseStationZero[/color][co

proton
proton's picture

Save your money everybody, a 6000W machine is due out this summer from another supplier.
With LiFepo4 batts NOT from Tsky !
No longer will xtreme have the biggest power Escooter.
Drop shippers who blindly repeat xtreme's copy worry me.

The LiFepo4 BattMan www.falconev.com

ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture

I agree with you now, proton. (my apologies)

The cut-n-paste of X-Treme's false specs have gotten me into hot water a couple times, and have aggravated many, many more.

<table border="0" style="border:1px solid #999999; padding:10px;"><tr><td>
<a href="http://www.BaseStationZero.com">[img]http://visforvoltage.org/files/u419...
[size=1][color=black]www.[/color][color=#337799]BaseStationZero[/color][co

garygid
Re: XM-5000Li Photos

Note the large rectangular Controller "brick" on the left-side rear.

Cheers, Gary
XM-5000Li, wired for cell voltage measuring and logging.

garygid
XM-5000Li Competition

proton,
Do you refer to John H's scooter project, or do you have yet another in mind?
If "another", would you please PM me any additional info or speculations you have?
Thanks, Gary

Cheers, Gary

MikeB

Note the large rectangular Controller "brick" on the left-side rear.

Yea, so the new bike now looks almost exactly like my R.Martin EVD.

Honestly, they really need to get a different body supplier.

My electric vehicle: CuMoCo C130 scooter.

sirsnafu

Honestly I like the way the EVD is configured, I can store a 35' extension cable down in this little battery hole under the seat. I hear complaints about the controllers overheating but having it mounted on the side gives much greater airflow and cooling if not being a little exposed. I never worry about the components overheating even though I check every so often.

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture
Re: XM-5000Li Competition

proton,
Do you refer to John H's scooter project, or do you have yet another in mind?
If "another", would you please PM me any additional info or speculations you have?
Thanks, Gary

Gary,

I sincerely doubt proton was talking about the rEV bike. He's a representative of Falcon EV - http://www.falconev.com/scooters.html and regular X-Treme basher (you can check his other posts on this forum to get a feel for his negative posting style).

I don't know any details about his 6kW bike - but looking at his site it appears yet another bike with the same body as the EVDs and the XMs. There are two factories that we know of that produce an electric bike on that frame - one puts the controller on the inside, one puts the controller on the outside.

The largest hub motor offered by Kelly Controls is a 13" 6kW motor (Mikie on this forum has one, and we have one sitting in our shop waiting to be tested). FalconEV also import Lithium batteries from a different source - http://www.falconev.com/batteries.html (proton bashes TS almost as much as he bashes XM). It's possible he's using the Kelly Motor matched with a Kelly Controller (but either of those could well be wrong - I'm just guessing).

FWIW, the rEV bike is NOT based on the same body as the EVD, XM or FalconEV "test prototype" (as pictured on their web page). We are doing our own engineering on a completely different chassis (and naturally it's a chassis which we feel is superior to the EVD/XM/Falcon). We're not ready to show pictures or share too many details yet - but hopefully next month will see a major announcement. We're evaluating motors from three sources at present (the beauty of the hub motor design is that we can easily continue to evaluate different options up until "last moment")

As far as the anti X-Treme sentiment that seems to be building again:
(1) I only deal with the XM line. The XB line seemed to have too many problems - I know ArcticFox sold many of the XB bikes. But I don't know which models caused him the most grief.
(2) Yes, X-Treme's copy is at best misleading at worst just plain wrong (that's why I don't use it). However, I'm looking forward to see how the XM-5000Li works out.
(3) despite (1) & (2) there are several satisfied XM customers out there.

BTW - I plan on stopping selling the X-Treme line. It's not because of a falling out or a disillusionment with X-Treme - it's because we're building our own better bike instead and I need to focus on that. Customers who take the time to educate themselves and who find a dealer who will (1) help set their expectations BEFORE the sale & (2) help them with any support requirements AFTER the sale will find that X-Treme offers a reasonable and lowest cost entry point into electric scooters. (FWIW, AndyH who started this thread appears to be someone who might fit this category of dealer - I have no association or dealings with Andy I'm just working of observations of what he's posted).

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

garygid
Re: XM-5000Li Review

Thanks John,
That is a good overview to help me understand how what is coming relates to what is there.

I just ordered a blue XM-5000li and I intend to make a detailed report of my new-scooter experience on "V".

I started a blog for my report.
Is that the best place for it?

Cheers, Gary

AndyH
Re: XM-5000Li Competition

Thanks John. I appreciate your comments, as well as the balanced, factual posts and help you provide here on V.

One of the benefits of a military career is that one 'gets' the opportunity to work with many different people in different situations. It doesn't take many messed-up paychecks to convince you that it might be worthwhile to find out who in the finance office knows what they're doing. :-)

Anyone can complain, but you appear to have taken the time to get reliable information - way to go!

Andy

(Former Yooper not quite 'getting' the San Antonio summer...) ;-)

dshupp

Why does the motor of the XM-5000Li appear to be the same size as the RMartin 3000W EVD? It is supposed to be 5000W?

David

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

Why does the motor of the XM-5000Li appear to be the same size as the RMartin 3000W EVD? It is supposed to be 5000W?

David

My guess is the same casting was used for the case but that there's different windings inside. It's pretty common for one case to be used with different windings to produce different specs of motors.

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage