port saint lucie in florida court ..trying to classifie my eb as a unregisterd motor v

37 posts / 0 new
Last post
executorvs
Re: port saint lucie in florida court ..trying to classifie ...
CNW

I hate to be the one to say it, but from what it says in the legal paper the person was riding a SunL E-21, not an XB-600. I am attaching a photo on an E-21 here, it does not appear to be able to have pedals attached..

heartofachef

that is correct,,it doe,s not fall under the rules and regulations of a electric bike..it has to have the pedals..otherwise it is conciderd a scooter.

sixpax2k9

Well I am up to pre-trial hearing in my case with my xb600. My attorney has petitioned to dismiss the case with proof of the bikes specs and the florida statute. I will most likely post a new topic with all the info when it is done so anyone else riding an xb500/600/700li in florida will have this to print and keep with them at all times when riding.....

Dave ; Tennessee
XB-600.

heartofachef

u could have saved a lot of money if u summited the laws ur self,,or maybe not,i went through all the trouble just to be pulled over by the arresting officers sarg,,i showded him the documents from the courts and away i went ..the next day the arresting officer stopped me,again ,again he asked for licience and reg..i looked at him and said officer 7777 we just went through this and that i have the documents from the courts saying i dont need a reg or a liceance ,,this time he personally called the da,s office and got the facts,,he gave me his card and said if u have any other problems to tell the officer to call him. since then i have been stopped twice,,they ask if its electric,,yes it is and away they go.. u just have to understand that this is new to them ,although bush sighned it into law back in 2002.if u need links there are many on this page,need more and im willing to help

sixpax2k9

I should be fine, but it sucks that I have to go through this at all..... *sigh* I had all the documents I needed when I was stopped. I had the Florida statute, a print out of a former case in FL, Specs of the bike etc. and he still ticketed me. He said I was doing about 25mph, which is impossible. I WAS going down a hill though, so maybe max out at like 23mph. But then again the statute states no more that 20mph on LEVEL surface with a rider weighing 170lbs. Well going down a hill and me being 165... hmmmmm.... I would think that would entitle me to about 25mph at that spot. Clock me going up a hill and/or against a headwind, you wont see me over 17mph!!!!!

Like I said, I have submitted no other documents than the ones I had at the time of ticketing, yet I am 99.9% assured of a victory in the courts. A nice waste of time and tax payers money dont you think?

When he ticketed me the officer had this to say... "Well, we will see what the courts have to say about it!" How lame. I responded... "These tickets will just be thrown out of court anyway, but I guess you have to do what you have to do!"

Dave ; Tennessee
XB-600.

Pages

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage