Xtreme Green X Rider - 4kW motorcycle

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
MikeB
Xtreme Green X Rider - 4kW motorcycle

We're gonna have some namespace collisions here, but a company called 'Xtreme Green' has a new 4kW motorcycle (scooter) coming very soon ('launch this spring'), now named the 'X Rider'.

http://www.xtremegreenproducts.com/xtreme_products/electric_motorcycle.php

Some specs:
* 4000 watt - 72 volt proprietary hub motor
* 6.5 feet long, wheelbase of 4.8 feet
* Load capacity of 330 pounds
* State of the Art, 40 Amp Hour, 72 Volt Lithium Ion (LFP) Battery System
* Lithium Ion Battery System will last for over 2000 charges – about 7 years based on one charge per day
* Proprietary, computerized Battery Management System for safety and long life
* Speeds approaching 65 MPH
* Climbing capacity of over 20 degree grade
* Front and rear disc brakes
* Built-in battery charger – 110/220 volt
* 2 to 3 hour charge time from empty
* Net weight of 266 pounds
* Range between charges of approximately 95 miles

Anybody know anything about this company? They also carry a scooter based on the same EVD/XM-3500 platform, but the X Rider looks to be a new chassis.

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture
Re: Xtreme Green X Rider - 4kW motorcycle

Yeah, I saw that site and wondered what "X-Treme" thinks of "Xtreme Green".

Hopefully a company rep might stop by and talk about the specs of this bike. I think I saw somewhere that the price was going to be $7999?

Some observations:
- with 4000W and 72V it's going to be difficult to reach 65mph and still have decent acceleration unless they have some form of transmission or dual winding in the motor. Both are probably unlikely.
- 40Ah batteries and a 95 mile range - one presumes that must be a very slow 95 miles? 40Ah*72V*80%DOD = 2304 Wh of usable power. So that would mean a budget of 2304/95 = 24.25 watts per mile? (or is that math wrong?) The only data I have is my XM-2000 on a 24 mile round trip used approximately 1.8kWh which is 75 watts per mile.

BTW, I think that's a picture of a gas bike - isn't that large silver piece a heat shield for the exhaust?

Nice site. Nice specs. I wish them luck with the delivery.

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

strawhistle

:? :jawdrop: I looked at that! mountian sells what they are calling a scooter, and their .com says they started last oct. in Las Vages !!! a lot of development moneies goes into the frame what i want to know is what frame are they using ? and does it have a real vin no. LaTeR

thank GOD I wake up above ground !!!!

reikiman
reikiman's picture

Their CEO was interviewed on EVCAST episode #160 .. it's an interesting interview.

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

Their CEO was interviewed on EVCAST episode #160 .. it's an interesting interview.

I didn't listen to the interview all the way through yet. I'm still a little surprised by those specs. I found it interesting that they say they've been working at this for around 4 years now (2 years before forming a company, then 2 years in "stealth mode" and now they're just coming out of stealth).

Also, it's interesting that they've struck a deal with a large auto dealership to sell their bikes.

Certainly this company is one to watch.

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

garygid

Use of the Xtreme (Green) name for a motorcycle will likely be a conflict with the X-Treme (presumably trademarked) name. The name is too similar, and it is used with an almost identical product type.

So, it is likley that X-Treme could defend its name, but perhaps they do not care.

Cheers, Gary
XM-5000Li, wired for cell voltage measuring and logging.

Redheadjj

Their web site says they qualify for $3300 in tax credits. I've asked them to show me the math and to post a link to the government web site so I can be sure of all these numebrs--but so far no reply. I like their stats( wt., range, charging time, and BMS) but as always, would be better to have an outside entity tell us what they get. Maybe I can see one of their bikes in CO when I visit in Aug. since there is a dealer in that state now.

Redheadjj

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage