SQUEAKING ON BD24V BRUSHED KIT

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
GHD1959
SQUEAKING ON BD24V BRUSHED KIT

I have had a couple of tube replaced on my front and lately the front wheel is squeaking like crazy and I oiled it, took it off and put it back on and its still there. it actually squeakes without using the motor power but when you give it some throttle its even worse. I haven't put that many hours on this unit. Any suggestions?

wakataka
Re: SQUEAKING ON BD24V BRUSHED KIT

Check the clearance between the hub and the fork just above the dropouts. I had to put a thin washer on the axle inside the fork to keep the hub from rubbing on the fork. Maybe when they changed the tube, they moved the washers to the outside of the fork.

GHD1959

I changed the tube myself and put the wheel back the exact way. So I don't think the squeak is coming from there.

GHD1959

I took a close look just now and there is nothing rubbing and other than the wheel being warped the squeak really sounds like its coming from the center of the hub. And like I said it squeaks a little less without using any throttle but its still there.

dogman
dogman's picture

My bd36 squeaking was the loose magnets inside rubbing the hub. It would be worse when I started, and gradually go away If I kept the throttle on long enough. If it is that, mark the orientation of the magnets before you remove them from the hub core, you need to epoxy them back in the same way. That is, if that is the problem.

Be the pack leader.
36 volt sla schwinn beach cruiser
36 volt lifepo4 mongoose mtb
24 volt sla + nicad EV Global

patm0007

check your brake pad.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4