Light sensor on the Odometre

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
RaDy
RaDy's picture
Light sensor on the Odometre

Im abit confused about the light sensor on the Odometer (In the Vectrix manual it clearly says that this sensor placed in the Odometer and marked with number 27 in the diagram, is to turn oON and OFF the headlights.)
Ok, my question: Is this the same like in cars, when you enter a tunnel, lights turn on and then off when you come out???
In Vectrix, they told me this was only to turn on/off the light of the Odometre!
Can someone tell me if their HEADLIGHTS turn On/Off automatically.
It clearly says HEADLIGHTS in the manual and also indicates that in some countries this has been fixed (to not Work) because the driving laws of some countries are t have the Headlights always On.Like in Spain.
Last question can i change it to work again?

tom5007
Re: Light sensor on the Odometre

Im abit confused about the light sensor on the Odometer (In the Vectrix manual it clearly says that this sensor placed in the Odometer and marked with number 27 in the diagram, is to turn oON and OFF the headlights.)
Ok, my question: Is this the same like in cars, when you enter a tunnel, lights turn on and then off when you come out???
In Vectrix, they told me this was only to turn on/off the light of the Odometre!
Can someone tell me if their HEADLIGHTS turn On/Off automatically.
It clearly says HEADLIGHTS in the manual and also indicates that in some countries this has been fixed (to not Work) because the driving laws of some countries are t have the Headlights always On.Like in Spain.
Last question can i change it to work again?
------------

The sensor will only reduce the illumination of the odometre. It does not switch off/on the headlights (at least with my Vetctris). Perhaps it is just a software setting that could be adjusted but so far I have not heard of such a feature for the vetctrix.

moccasin
moccasin's picture

because the driving laws of some countries are t have the Headlights always On.Like in Spain...can i change it to work again?

You just answered your own question. In Spain, that would be illegal. Certainly not worth gaining an extra 200 yards of range for the risk of a citation, or worse. Compared to the throttle, your headlight pulls practically nothing.

The Vectrix is almost totally software driven, so I'm quite sure that this feature COULD be changed by adjusting the software, or replacing it with software for the models that do use it, but that would have to be done either at the factory or at a service center in a location or country that does not require headlights on.

kevin smith
kevin smith's picture

hi when the vectrix is on . if you hold the flash switch that flashes people
when you want to let them throw/ go past its the black switch on the left hand side handle facing forward
if you hold this button in for a few seconds you hear the horn beap and the headlight/mainbeam keeps on then afew seconds later the horn beeps again then the dip light goes out and the led on the front of the bike keeps on and so does the rear leds aswell.
and to save quite a bit of power thats what i do through the day but if you quickly wan't to change back to dip beam all you have to do is flick the switch and yhere you go
have fun saving power but be careful to look out for other padestrions not to mention traffic
have fun kev.

RaDy
RaDy's picture

Here we are obliged to dri e with a light on but its enough with the front led light.Ive driven my scooter ,now for many years, with position lights and never had a problem so far. Its not a matter of saving battery, i simply like it that way. Thanks anyway.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage