New server

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Webmaster
Webmaster's picture
New server

Some of you will have noticed that V is For Voltage was offline overnight. After a long study the site has been moved to a new server and the software was placed offline for the move.

The new server should be a) providing the same service, but b) faster, c) more reliable

Old_Scoot
Re: New server

It definitely feels much faster. Thanks!

AndyH

Dave, I can't upload or link to images. I did submit a trouble report.

Same error for both: A new window spawns after hitting the 'Insert image' link, but the window contains only "Directory error! - files/u1798"

kevin smith
kevin smith's picture

yeh. same hear i have a super fast computer or so i thoought and just thought that there was some kind of error and .
when i ever replyd to any one or just commenting about somthing after entering i would just go away then come back and it had just finished to upload
and somtimes i would just giveup
hope all is well with site now and seems lot quicker i/e at least twice as quick thanks kev.

reikiman
reikiman's picture

10_recommendations_nq021212.gif

Uh.. I just uploaded that image and it went fine.

Maybe this is one of those browser-OS specific things? Browser? OS? Did any behavior change with the server change?

AndyH
Image Attachments

Thanks Dave. I tried here: http://visforvoltage.org/forum/5780-xm5000li-vs-vectrix-seems-nobrainer-what-am-i-missing#comment-33832

I'm on a Vista/IE7 box w/ broadband. I was able to upload images yesterday...can't today. The error message "Directory error! - files/u1798" appears when I attempt to insert both an image and a link to an image.

I get the same result when I tried to post an image here.

Sorry...Andy

reikiman
reikiman's picture
Re: Image Attachments

Hm, I checked my files directory versus yours and see a permissions difference. I just changed the permissions on yours to match mine. Can you try the upload again and let me know what happens?

AndyH
Re: Image Attachments

Hm, I checked my files directory versus yours and see a permissions difference. I just changed the permissions on yours to match mine. Can you try the upload again and let me know what happens?

Thanks very much! You, sir, Rock! :)

Kickcooter

I Am just checking in to close the loop, regarding your email to me. I am a Newbe enjoying a stock BL 36. Thank you for a great forum.

TheUnixGuy

Put a picture of the new server up somewhere.

reikiman
reikiman's picture

The "new server" ..eh.. it's a shared hosting account with a "green web hosting provider" known as nexcess.net. I tested it ahead of time and this shared hosting account gave better service than the VPS on which V had formerly been hosted. But that's a long way of saying I don't have a picture of the server. One of the attributes I wanted in web hosting was green or carbon neutral web hosting. Most such companies, like nexcess.net, buy carbon credits and hopefully that means their electricity is balanced out by renewably sourced electricity.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage