AttachmentSize
Image icon bench_test.jpg32.61 KB

Ok Here is the list of gear:
original etek 48volt
Curtis 1204-412 controller 36-48volt
magura twist throttle
4 12v Hawker Cylon batteries
Can type Connector

I have followed all the curtis manual specs, but still can't figure out the connection to the controller from the throttle. The throttle has 3 leads (blue,brown,black) I have determined that the brown and black leads are the 0-5k, but what do I do with the blue line. Connect it to "-" at the connector , leave it alone?

Any ideas? I have taken my time and wire and rewired for my bench test. I am going crazy... Please help

colin9876
Re: Curtis controller and Magura Twist Throttle Not working

Doesnt the controller have three wires input for the throttle too? usually you have something like red and black (5v,0v) and green as a variable voltage - where 5v is throttle off and 0v is throttle fully on?

What are those battery type - looks interesting!

jpmurph
jpmurph's picture

controller has three inputs but top is KSI or Key Switch which I believe needs to be connnected to controller B+. Pictures of controller and twist grip below. Batteries are hawker cylon 12v 26amphr, got them on ebay for 100 bucks

Follow me step by step as I build an my first electric motorcycle

strawhistle

put the 0-5v wires on the small posts not marked switch and leave off the green one and the motor should turn when you move the throttle. Are you sure that is a pot throttle and not a senser ?

thank GOD I wake up above ground !!!!

strawhistle

looking at the drawing the switch needs to be feed from the + of the battery to activate the controller LaTer

novembersierra28
novembersierra28's picture

Ok Here is the list of gear:
original etek 48volt
Curtis 1204-412 controller 36-48volt
magura twist throttle
4 12v Hawker Cylon batteries
Can type Connector

I have followed all the curtis manual specs, but still can't figure out the connection to the controller from the throttle. The throttle has 3 leads (blue,brown,black) I have determined that the brown and black leads are the 0-5k, but what do I do with the blue line. Connect it to "-" at the connector , leave it alone?
Any ideas? I have taken my time and wire and rewired for my bench test. I am going crazy... Please help

Hi,

I have got the exact SAME SETUP on my table right now. ETEK (old), SLA's at 36v 7ah, and have yet to finish my mount / add a controller / wire the entire setup with jump start cables (120a), I think this should be a good enough setup for the 5 miles from here to the Village where I'd like to pick up my post every other morning.

I have yet to think of a better battery setup that is both cheap / easy to fit onto a frame.

things I have done: bored out the sprocket, made a chain fit, fried lots of switches...i still need a contactor.....

basically we're pretty much in the same boat :) I hope you get a reply as I want to finish my project.

novembersierra28
novembersierra28's picture

how many amps is your Curtis controller? is there much difference between an alltrax 400amp controller and a curtis? 250amp 48v?
a 36v curtis controller would not ouput the max power of the motor so should I avoid those?

strawhistle

the black wire from the throttle should go to the - neg. post of the battery or the b- post of the controller LaTeR

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage