I need your expertise

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Prevch
I need your expertise

So I live in WI and have been looking at buying an electric bicycle. I have checked out our laws and everything checks out fine. My question to you is, which kind/brand should I get? It seems to me that not a lot of people make these things, or maybe I am just looking in the wrong places.

Here is what I want:
1. It must have mirrors, blinkers, brake lights, headlight etc - I want it to be mopedesque

2. I don't want it to go over 22 MPH on flat land I weigh about 135 pounds, but I don't want it to go much under 20 MPH on flat land either

3. I'd like for it to go around 20 miles on a charge
4. I want it to be under $1000 shipped

I have looked at the XB 500 and it seems ok, but I have heard some horror stories about their customer service.

Are there other brands you guys recommend? Is there somewhere else I should be looking?

I appreciate your help!

strawhistle
Re: I need your expertise

:) ;) HA! HA! H! prech, I Welcome a fellow packer backer to the forum what i find is there are Co.s that will sell you EV scooters extreme-EVD-R.Martin first do you have any hills? how steep? Where In Wisconsin are you ? I live in the Chippewa Valley LaTeR

thank GOD I wake up above ground !!!!

Prevch

Don't get me started on the packers....

Chippewa Valley eh? Small world, I stay in Menomonie. There's some hills here and there, but nothing serious. I only plan on driving it from home to college and back. Stout is probably 2 miles from my apartment.

Any suggestions?

strawhistle

:) ha So you must go to Stout . Eauclaire is only 25miles away check out this scooter on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=190285626725 got a phone no. ? LaTeR

thank GOD I wake up above ground !!!!

captainslug
captainslug's picture

If included pedals is not a legal requirement the CS-600S is $830 shipped and it's top speed is actually 19mph on level ground. Upgrading to 60volts would get you to a maximum of 23mph.
You'll fairly similar figures with the XB-500, with only slightly lower top speeds.

The advertised speeds and the included speedometers on any of the Xtreme models are not particularly accurate.

And if you do in fact need to go 20 miles on a charge then it is almost a necessity for you to upgrade to 60 volts, or find a way to charge it at home and at your regular destination.

And yes Xtreme's customer service is pretty bad. So DIY is kind of unavoidable.

Prevch

That's helpful, I will take a look at those.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage