Considering buying XB-500... Can anyone offer advice?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
saderax
Considering buying XB-500... Can anyone offer advice?

I am considering buying an XB-500 new off of a website. Current sale price is $549, including shipping. A local vendor will sell the same model for near $1000. I dont mind buying online, but I have read a few horror stories about shipped X-Treme bikes being shipped broken, missing parts, falling apart after minimal use.

Is this a reputable company? Do you recommend this purchase? Any specific things to look out for? If not, what would you recommend in its place?

ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture
Re: Considering buying XB-500... Can anyone offer advice?

A nickel's worth of free advice...

<table border="0" style="border:1px solid #999999; padding:10px;"><tr><td>
<a href="http://www.BaseStationZero.com">[img]http://visforvoltage.org/files/u419...
[size=1][color=black]www.[/color][color=#337799]BaseStationZero[/color][co

benmart

I bought a new 700Li last August and I cannot recommend the product nor the company that distributes them (Alpha Products International, Inc or Extreme.

Ben - Modesto

jan

I also cannot recommend the XB-500. We have had ours since 2006 and have had many repairs for flat tires, lights not working and currently the batteries won't charge. The technical support seems to be as slim as the manual that comes with the scooter. There has to be a better e-ride out there.

AztecFemBone
AztecFemBone's picture

Mine still sits in my garage, a veritable boat anchor. Still haven't decided what to do with it.

richardb
richardb's picture

Mine still sits in my garage, a veritable boat anchor. Still haven't decided what to do with it.

I haven't been keeping up much in the forums this winter. What happened to your bike to turn it into a boat anchor? Or did you buy something bigger?
Dick

Dickey_b
Waste Not, Want Not

sixpax2k9

All I know is that I bought an xb-600 from monstermotorscooter.com and I had absolutely no problems.
I paid for the extra $40-50 to deliver it to my doorstep and it was here in 5 business days with no damage or lost or broken parts... save ONE screw for the front wheel mudflap missing. I upgraded it to 60V and performed the "shunt" mod to it and I could not be happier with it over the last 5 weeks.

It is what it is... a low speed electric bicycle, not a moped or electric motorcycle. Just letting you know my experience was very good. They are now using UPS freight shipping, I have the utmost confidence in UPS as I deal with them very regularly.

Dave

Dave ; Tennessee
XB-600.

benmart

Dave, I hope that after five months your experience is as positive as it is after five + weeks of ownership.

Ben - Modesto

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage