I will show the steps I suggest for accessing the batteries in the XM-5000Li
when, for example, one needs to measure voltages to check for a bad battery.
This "skinning" is a several-hour job, at least when done for the first time.
Hopefully my mistakes will help if you decide to undertake this rather large task.
I understand that putting it back together is ... slightly harder.
I have yet to tackle that part.
HOWEVER, I might need to edit the posts to get the picture sequence
or descriptions right or improved, so PLEASE do not reply or comment
until I post that the sequence is complete. If you reply to any of my
posts, I will LOSE the ability to edit that post.
There are several steps, and I will show pictures of each step.
1. Remove Seat
2. Disconnect Battery Pack
3. Remove Trim and Collar
4. Remove lower shiny black trim
5. Remove back body shell and lights
6. Move Instrument Cluster Forward
7. Remove the large dull black plastic "Saddle" Body Part
8. Remove the Top six-pack of Cells
9. Access the Lower Level of three 3-packs of Cells
10. Access the Front two 3-packs of Cells
PLEASE let me get this complete sequence up before you post.
If you need to tell me something, point out an error,
or make a suggestion, PLEASE PM me instead of posting.
When the series is complete, I will post "Series Complete", and
then you can reply to that post (and the following ones) only.
Thanks for your help, Gary