Newbie looking for help with Bionx

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
jugglinotter
Newbie looking for help with Bionx

Hi everyone,
Great to see such passion for Bionx, it gives me hope!!
I've been looking around the forums and didn't find any common thread to my issue so here goes,
I have 2 kits both are playing up, first one is cutting to zero from G4 as soon as I put the hand brake on, it also cuts to zero from A4 at its own will.

The second one is seriously hiccupping in and out on A4 whilst giving only one bar of help.

I have had them for about 2 years and not used them much in the last year but kept the batteries topped up regularly so I hope they just need a service but I don't know much about that so far, they have both done less that 400 miles.

Any suggestions gratefully received,

Happy Spring to you all!!

davew
davew's picture
Re: Newbie looking for help with Bionx

I think I might need a few more words in the descriptions. The first problem sounds very much like regenerative braking working like it should. I'm not sure what you mean by "zero", however. Presumably you have some level of assist on at all times, right? Let's suppose you're on A4, you hit the brake, and now it's on G4. Where does "zero" come into this?

There should be some magnets attached to your hand brake, which are positioned near a sensor, which is on the end of a cable, which is plugged into another cable, which goes to the battery/controller. You can disconnect this cable in the middle to disable regenerative braking and see if your problem goes away. Flakey regenerative braking usually involves the sensor not positioned correctly with respect to the magnets or a loose connection somewhere.

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"

jugglinotter

Thanx for the input, I have played around with the magnet and I suspect the housing isn't 100% holding it. When I say zero I mean 'bike only' setting so I can be in A4 and it cuts back to bike only mode.
i have since tried switching the consoles on the bikes to try to find out if it is the consoles that are the problem but the connectors are different so it wasn't possible and now one of them doesn't switch on at all...
i live in the UK and as far as I know there are no shops dealing in Bionx, I got it 2nd hand so I would welcome any support from others' experiences.

Also does anyone have a link to the diagnostic proceedure and what the codes mean?? That would be great,

Many thanx,
Yarrow

You don't have to believe everything you think

chas_stevenson
chas_stevenson's picture

We have several manuals on the VisforVoltage EV DownLoad Library which may help you. Scroll down a little and look for the BionX Manuals and Guides on the left side of the page. Hope this helps.

Grandpa Chas S.

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage