New Ebike shop

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Green City
New Ebike shop

Hello everyone,
I've been on this forum many times in the past but have just recently joined up so I look forward to all the insight and contributing to some of the discussions. I'm opening up a new Ebike shop in Calgary, Alberta and I was just wondering if anyone could throw out any pointers or advice. We will be specializing (at least initially) in the scooter-style bikes with a couple of Li-ion aluminum frame cruiser frame bikes (like the curries). Who knows what we'll carry next year. Specifically, I'm curious as to which types and brands of accessories you all think might be particularly necessary for a good shop to stock. They don't even have to be directly Ebike related...for example, we'll be carrying some designer organic shopping bags (a friend owns the company), but I can see the correlation. Any tips or advice you guys can give would be greatly appreciated. And of course, feel free to ask me any questions.
Thanks,
Ryan

turok
turok's picture
Re: New Ebike shop

Hey There,

I like the style of your web-design (at least of what I saw), it's very appealing.
I suggest you to keep using these colors.

Your own design?

greets, Turok

"doing nothin = doing nothing wrong" is invalid when the subject is environment

Green City

It's actually a friend of mine's design. I haven't seen the finished product yet but I believe he'll be sticking with that scheme.

magicBC

Greetings Green City. Good luck on the business- truly we could use many more ebike shops. Can't speak from a business owner end, but as an buyer of three scooter style ebikes, I just want to know that a business is being fair and will back up any warrenty. It is sometimes difficult to get parts, and I always appreciated that the shop gave me a loaner for times when I had no ride. For accessories, I use a bike bell that fits on the handlebars (stock horn is too annoying), a larger rear carry box, and also I have a hook just under the ignition to handle groceries.
Luxury add ons incluse the cycle analyst (http://ebike.ca/) and the jett electric vest (http://jett.us.com/), but I have this stuff because I'm an enthusiast who will likely own many bikes in the future. I've had problems with the vest, but the owner Rob, who often answers the telephone himself, stands behind his product and has sent me a few batteries. But the vest is ideal for cool weather riding.
So that's it, just wanted to pass on the stuff I use. Let us know as the shop gets going! MagicBC

We’ve all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.

dogman
dogman's picture

The first thing to change is the redirect back to yourself when you hit the page back button. That's what you get on ripoff internet sites, so why look like your site is from nigeria?

Good luck. Remember to base your buisiness on service, since lots of folks have acess to similar chinese products. Ebikes-ca is the one to imitate. Others that just resold similar products factory direct have had QC problems galore. So selling a bike that has been uncrated and adjusted is the market niche that is un filled in my opinion.

Be the pack leader.
36 volt sla schwinn beach cruiser
36 volt lifepo4 mongoose mtb
24 volt sla + nicad EV Global

Green City

Great advice guys. Like I said any feedback, especially from a customer perspective is certainly welcomed. I'm also definitely going to inquire into the jett gear as well Magic. We're in Calgary and the season can be pretty short if you're not staying warm. I like the loaner bike idea as well and should be doable as we will have some rentals as well. We're looking at doing a short-term rental program (1 day), both for people looking to get around as well as those seriously considering purchasing an Ebike. I know I found it difficult to really decide based on a 10 minute test ride. Of course the purchaser would have the rental price taken off the sticker price if they decide to buy. Anyone object to this or have any alternate considerations?
Dogman, I'm not sure I understand that first sentence in your post. Are you referring to my site? Does mine redirect back to itself? I tried and did not find this. Anyway, let me know. As for the QC reference, funny you should mention that, I was actually just putting together a comprehensive checklist (inspection) that all of the bikes will go through before they can hit the sales floor, so it's good to know I'm on the same page as at least a couple of consumers. I'll keep you guys posted on our progress. Hopefully this time Monday I'll have a physical location as we just made an offer today. Fingers crossed.
Cheers

dogman
dogman's picture

While reading this thread, I clicked on your link, which took me to your site in the same window as I was reading the link in. So after looking at your site, I click the back button to go back the the V, and I just got sent back to your site again. It is still doing it, though you may not be aware of it. I'ts like your site is telling me, no, you don't want to go back to where you were, you want to go to me. Like you know better what I want and all I could ever want is to return to your site endlessly. It's just annoying.

Be the pack leader.
36 volt sla schwinn beach cruiser
36 volt lifepo4 mongoose mtb
24 volt sla + nicad EV Global

Prudence

Hi Ryan,
Good day. My suggestion is that you need to know something more about the e-bike and you need to know how to slove the problem happened on the e-bike, so that you can have aftersale service for your e-bikes and your customers. If you want to be successful, your shop do need to have aftersale service. Anyway, if you have any questions on E-bikes, you can drop me a mail. I would love to help you to solve the problems.
Wish you have a great success.
Cheers,
Prudence

Prudence
Chongqing Astronautic Bashan Motorcycle Manufacturing Co., Ltd Wuxi Branch
Tel:0086-510-88768223
Fax:0086-510-88768223
Mob:0086-13771553103
Http://www.chinabashan.com
Mail:wuxibashanebike [at] yahoo.cn
Hotmail: pruden

miro13car

Green City,
I am in Calgry, been living here for more than 15years.
I am avid e-cyclist. I commute on electric Tidal Force even in winter.
I built 2 custom battery pack for my bike. Enough to say I am approaching 13 000km on my TF !!!!!
I am veteran.
TF is such an wonderful machine, solid-made in USA.
I also own Merida.
In my opinion as long time commuter I would for sure offer ebikes rather than scooters, bacuase I never saw electric scooter on bike path and it wouldlook much, much out of place and consider by most as illegal.
You see Calgary has network of lovely bikepaths, ravaged by winter, but it is network, quite extensive and you should take advantage of that.
Cosider some paths are snow - cleared.
I think you could sell E+ bike which is basically upgraded TF /just google E+ if you don't know it/. I would definitely buy from you rather than Vancouver JV shop.
You should be first E+ dealer for Calgary.
Example, Cyclepath doesn't sell any e-scooters, they know there is not much market, because it cannot be ridden on path.
Definitely, absolutely you should sell Bionx kits.
I hate riding with cars if only for safety reaso.
For sure you should carry winter tires, and clothes, balaclavas.
Do you need help, I love e-bikes.
I am at 403 - 735 9555 ext. 236 , Miroslaw.
Where is shoplocated, I want to ride there, I live in Ogden.
All the success to you
Miroslaw

CM

Green City

Hey guys,
Sorry about the late reply dogman. I've got my web guy checking into the kick back thing. He assures me that once we upload the full site that hopefully it won't do the same thing. Miroslaw, I'll send you a note once we get up and running. We've just finalized our lease agreement and will be spending next week on all of the interior improvements. It worked out really well as the space will allow me at least 500 sq. ft. of space for our shop area. Thanks again to everybody for all of the ideas for the store.

Green City

Just posting a quick note to let everyone know that we're now open in Calgary at 333 36th Ave. SE. So far we've got the Motorino scooter-style ebikes as well as the Ultra Motor and Pedego lines as well. Miroslaw, we're working on a couple of other suppliers as well. Tomorrow (saturday June 6th) we're holding our grand opening....even though there is snow in the forcast, so come down and check out the store!

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Persival
  • boomingheight
  • janet
  • Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57

Support V is for Voltage