bionx bike systems

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
pazsion
bionx bike systems

A friend of mine is planning on setting up a bike or buying a bike from these guys.

We need to modify the system so that a battery is always being charged, when under generation and one battery is used under power. So there is a backup. And or boost when needed.. He's thinking of taking his paraplegic friend along for the ride.. And i'm thinking this system may be to weak for it.

But he is more interested in generating electricity that can then be used for other things.. like to power appliances in home..

What i'm looking for to help him is some schematics.. where and how could we hook up this other batter, and the switch needed to turn it off and on..

And then how to wire it on another switch for boost. without friing the controller for it..

pazsion
Re: bionx bike systems

=/ no schematics on the site.. maybe i should do some extensive googling and bring back what i find...

My friend is planing to go cross country with this system..

pazsion

I could not see the graphics in this one

http://poisson.me.dal.ca/~dp_08_08/index_files/decbuildreport.doc

and nothing else o far.. google is the onlt one as yet to have any results..

m0rdac

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you want two batteries, one that is being charged while the other is being used.

This would require two motors, since you cannot power the motor and charge a battery simultaneously.

However, even that arrangement would be an exercise in futility (no pun intended), as the losses in the system would wear out one battery before the other was fully charged.

Basically, it sounds like you are trying to create a perpetual motion machine.

But do correct me if I've misunderstood.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage