American electric bike company

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
electric
American electric bike company

This company Osiris Electric Bicycles is selling ebikes with American made frames. I'm a big fan of the US made Cannondales. Finally, somebody on this side of the pond putting a bike together. If it is what they claim, I'm sold. 2-4 hours charge time. 2000+ cycles. Does anyone know if the batteries get weaker with time? Because, I am hoping to get at least 5 years out of the battery.
Also, what are the recycling policies with lithium-ion? bike reminds me of the Bad Boy. The welds say Aluminum.
Their bikes look outstanding and they are obviously made for older professions wishing to ditch their car. There are so many options available, has anyone bought one? The company seems new. It looks as if you have to call to get the full list. Hopefully they will update their website soon. It's not doing the bikes justice. Beats buying that Tailwind for the price. The frame doesn't look like some of those other silly frames that I see on so many other sites. Check out this baby:
http://speedygokartshop.com/osirisblackking2500.htm

I have to get my hands on one of these. If I get one, I will do a good review. Most likely on Youtube and here.

antiscab
Re: American electric bike company

yes the batteries to degrade over time.
they lose capacity, and their internal resistance does increase.
the higher quality cells do this slower though.

as long as the battery is sufficient to do twice your average distance requirement, then you should see 5 years service life (and of course be able to do un-expected errands).

Matt

Daily Ride:
2007 Vectrix, modified with 42 x Thundersky 60Ah in July 2010. Done 194'000km

electric
Re: American electric bike company

Thanks Matt, that was very useful information. Ebikes are looking more practical everyday.

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage