Nice menu...

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Webmaster
Webmaster's picture
Nice menu...

Added a nice menu bar to the top of the page. It's a duplicate of the sidebar menu but with dynamic nicety.

I would like to remove the sidebar menu in preference to this one. But doing so might be disruptive.

Please let me know of any comments or issues.

garygid
Re: Nice menu...

Remove the sidebar menu, since it takes up too much "horizontal" space. that space is really needed for reading posts.

------
You need to add the multi-page links to the top of multi-page topics (the links are already at the bottom).

Cheers, Gary
XM-5000Li, wired for cell voltage measuring and logging.

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

If by "remove the side bar menu" you mean the block that is headed by my user name that sounds fine. However, I'd rather not lose the "Active Forum topics" and "Recent blog posts" blocks. This means that Gary won't get his extra width for reading.

If you want to entirely get rid of the stuff on the side then how about a home page that presents the most active and most recent stuff rather than the forum list?

Keep up the good site tweaking work!

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

reikiman
reikiman's picture

I was only thinking of the block that's headed by your user name. That block takes a lot of vertical space that could be used for other stuff.

I hadn't caught that connotation of what garygid said.. It might be tricky to completely remove the sidebar, as some of that stuff is highly desirable to be on every page and would have to be added to the top & bottom somehow. Or thinking off the top of my head it'd be possible with some DHTML tricks to make sidebar stuff be minimized and expand on mouseover.

The front page can be revamped and I have some ideas about that ..... this site offers more facilities than the forum. But navigationally the forum is the big presence making the other facilities less visible.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage