Osiris Electric Bicycles

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Osiris Electric...
Osiris Electric Bicycles

I am the West Coast representative here in The Bay Area (San Francisco & Berkeley). The company of Osiris is located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. My goal is to give accurate information pertaining to our bicycles via forum. I feel that it is crucial for the customer to get the facts from the primary source, which is myself. Not only does the buyer benefit by bypassing rumors, it benefits us too.
We appreciate instant feedback on what enthusiast and commuters prefer in an electric bicycle. Consequently, we also want to know what you, the enthusiast or commuter, could live without. After all, it makes no sense in selling an electric bicycle that is out of touch with serious riders. This is why we build each bike to order.
In addition to electric bicycles, I am an enthusiast of regular bicycles. I have accumulated a variety of bikes such as: a Specialized Langster, a Bianchi San Jose and a 24 gear Mongoose (that I converted into an 8 gear bicycle). This being said, I become interested in electric bicycles because of the cost, comfort, reliability, and the simplicity. The primary advantage I have found in an electric hybrid was that I have maximum comfort and I never have to break a sweat while going up a hill. Comfort and peak efficiency, ebikes have the best of both worlds.
Fortunately this forum allows me to elaborate on the essentials of an electric bicycle, which is the battery / motor and quality components. In order to better accommodate buyers, close up pictures are included on the website.
Hope to hear any questions that you may have.
*If the questions become too numerous, I will begin an additional forum with Osiris.
Roman

www.OSIRISELECTRICBICYCLES.com

johny b
Re: Osiris Electric Bicycles

Hey I own an electric bike shop about twenty minutes outside of Pittsburgh. I have not heard of Osiris Electric Bikes before. Where in Pittsburgh are they located? I would like to come and look at their facilities and the bikes first hand.

Osiris Electric...

Hello johny b,

Osiris Electric Bicycles is currently taking online & phone orders while the main store front (AKA: brick and mortar) is being established in the Pittsburgh Area / Allegheny County.

A quick background: Osiris is a division of Speedy Go-Karts, which has been around since 2006. Electric bicycles (such as X-Treme XB-300Li) and electric powered mopeds had been a part of the inventory of Speedy since the very beginning. It was not until recently that the owner of Speedy had decided to expand into the electric bicycle business, under the name of Osiris, with greater emphasis on high quality electric transportation. You will not find import frames or dated technology if it has an Osiris decal.

I have had some requests to review the bike through Youtube and one via Podcast thus far. Since I am a university student here in Berkeley, I will take advantage of these opportunities at the end of May, when my semester is finished. In order to have a comprehensive evaluation of the bicycle and to maintain the integrity of the review, I will provide the demo bicycle to a non-Osiris affiliate. Word-of-Mouth is much more effective than advertising; our goal is to establish reliability as the selling point. In addition to exposing the demo bike to the Bay Area, I will be in the Pittsburgh area this summer to assist in the establishment and organization of the storefront.

It is great to hear from a fellow enthusiast and dealer of electric bicycles in PA. Good luck with you business and hope to hear from you soon,
Roman

If you would like to customize any of the Osiris bicycles, call us toll-free at:
888-348-2588 ext 2

Or through our website at:
http://speedygokartshop.com/Contact%20Us.htm

I will close by saying that we encourage feedback (positive and negative alike) with our customers or potential customers. Date of purchase is of no concern to us; if the bicycle has OSIRIS on the tube, we want to hear from you.

Osiris Electric...
Bike Update: Prototype and what to expect

Here are some of the updates on the current Osiris Intruder. Don't expect much of a price difference, from what is currently advertised. We believe that a great frame with a powerful motor and a quick-charge battery should be complimented with outstanding components.

Derailleur: Shimano Alivio
Brakes Front: Avid BB-7
Brakes Rear: Avid Single Digit 7
Headset: Integrated Cane Creek
Stem: Thomson MTB 25.4 100mm 5 degree
Handle Bars: Nitto All Rounder 25.4
Rims (not pictured): Run Rhyno Lite
Charge time for battery: 2-4 hours *surpasses industry standard
Motor: 500 Watts or 250 Watts Optional (shown in picture). *500 Watt is standard since we don't believe in the Status Quo
Brake Levers: Tektro (not shown)
Valves: Presta (not shown)

Some additional info:
As you see, this bike is powered by SRAM (RockShox and Brakes), but we haven't overlooked the saddle, for those who desire a traditional aspect to this cruiser. Therefore, a Brooks Sprung Leather Saddle is Optional. We will have a wide range of saddles in the future.

Lastly, the seat post will have an integrated LED rear light.

To sum it up, this is an "ebike" built by bicycle enthusiasts. The quality components are especially picked for the daily commuter in mind. Because the worry of replacing parts is eliminated.

Our frames and motors are guaranteed for 1 year and our batteries are guaranteed for 3 years

Final note: Since we are creating a name of quality, we will have all of our bikes built by us. We do not sell incomplete bicycles. We are willing to have a SPU (Specially Produced Unit) that will be customized for individual shops. Our name will be on the bicycle's bottom tube and head tube (a traditional riveted plate head badge design). We are willing to make a decal, to our standard, having your shop name with a "Built by Osiris Electric Bicycles" in print and clear coated. No Stickers.

Sorry, we do not conform to the large corporate business model of producing OEM/generic items for profit.

Our Goal: Exceptional service, American Made Frames with American and Japanese components and a lot of passion *parts torqued to specification

Osiris Electric...
Proto Photo

A quick previewproto 2.JPG

speedyelectric
speedyelectric's picture

Just to update (as the East Coast Representative of Osiris) we are coming to Squirrel Hill, PA this fall.

If it is not quality alternative transportation, you will not find it here...
http://www.SpeedyGoKartsandBicycles.com
http://www.OsirisElectricBicycles.com

speedyelectric
speedyelectric's picture

We will be featured along with Go-Ped and Eco-Easy Rider products from Speedy Go Karts & Bicycles.

If it is not quality alternative transportation, you will not find it here...
http://www.SpeedyGoKartsandBicycles.com
http://www.OsirisElectricBicycles.com

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage