print plate BionX battery

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Xa4
print plate BionX battery

My BionX li-on 250w battery is broken. I wass riding uphill with full power, and is stopped abruptly. Not only the fuse on the print plate was broken, but also the piece that holds the fuse was burned. BioX doesn't sell print plates, and the plans of the print plate are not available. I reattached the "fuse holder", but it still doesn't work. Does anyone has had the same problem, and knows how to solve it? (or better: has anyone a print plate to sell, since a new battery is so expensive)

MiniVan
Re: print plate BionX battery

Sorry, What is a "print plate"? Do you mean Printed Circuit Board (PCB)? Can you post a picture? Thx

fred1630

Hi,
today, I had exactely the same problem with a 500 watts bionx motor. It was starting raining and did not want to get to wet...Up a set hill, full charge, throttle on, assist on level 4 and it stop at once. I ran slowly with the rain...
My first though was that the little connector was disconnected and I check, looks OK but the two main wires connector was a slightly hot ( +-45 degre celsius).
Inside the battery, the fuse was broken but still in place, it smells burn plastic with a burn spot on the battery cabinet, one side of the fuse older shows melted soldering and clue of black burned varnish on the green side of the board. The other side of the fuse older did not shows as much trauma but did burn the plastic shield of one of the wire that run from the charger connector to the board.
So obviously the fuse blowned but it looks like the board did not support the effort just before it append.
Putting a new fuse was accompagnied by a little spark when the fuse touch the connector.
Is the spark an indication of shortcut or is it normal? Aniway, it did not bring the battery alive!..
I am surprise searching on the web that very little appear about fuse replacement and this type of problem with bionx battery.
The battery is about 12 month old and close to 3000 Km. It never give any problem before.
Thanks for your answer,
hope to read someone,
Fred

fred1630

Hi,
today, I had exactely the same problem with a 500 watts bionx motor. It was starting raining and did not want to get to wet...Up a set hill, full charge, throttle on, assist on level 4 and it stop at once. I ran slowly with the rain...
My first though was that the little connector was disconnected and I check, looks OK but the two main wires connector was a slightly hot ( +-45 degre celsius).
Inside the battery, the fuse was broken but still in place, it smells burn plastic with a burn spot on the battery cabinet, one side of the fuse older shows melted soldering and clue of black burned varnish on the green side of the board. The other side of the fuse older did not shows as much trauma but did burn the plastic shield of one of the wire that run from the charger connector to the board.
So obviously the fuse blowned but it looks like the board did not support the effort just before it append.
Putting a new fuse was accompagnied by a little spark when the fuse touch the connector.
Is the spark an indication of shortcut or is it normal? Aniway, it did not bring the battery alive!..
I am surprise searching on the web that very little appear about fuse replacement and this type of problem with bionx battery.
The battery is about 12 month old and close to 3000 Km. It never give any problem before.
Thanks for your answer,
hope to read someone,
Fred

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage