Strange battery/meter behaviour

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
miguel
Strange battery/meter behaviour

Apologies is this problem is adsressed in a previous post. I have looked through and couldn't find anything.

About the bike: I bought a 2 year old Vectrix and it is unfortunately playing up almost straight away. The Vectrix has a brand new battery and only 150 miles on the clock, having been left unused for most of its 2 years. The battery was very recently replaced by Vectrix (for the previous owner) and at the time the Vectrix had a software upgrade.

The problem(s): The bike had a full charge and was showing full battery and 50 mile range. On riding it, the batter meter and range did not change, and it eventually ground to a halt with a flashing red battery light after about 35 miles. Over the last mile the bike slowed down to a crawl as the red light came on. I presume that the battery ran flat and that the problem is with the meter. I am now recharging the battery, but the meter is resolutely stuck on full.
In addition to this, when the bike is switched off, it is making a quite loud clicking noise which appears to be coming from a circuit board in plastic housing in the helmet storage compartment.

I will call Vectrix on Monday, but would really appreciate any tips for either of the problems, and a view on whether I am ok to ride the bike in the meantime.

Thanks

Mik
Mik's picture
Re: Strange battery/meter behaviour

Welcome to the forum!

Apologies is this problem is adsressed in a previous post. I have looked through and couldn't find anything.

It's something I never heard about so far, either!

About the bike: I bought a 2 year old Vectrix and it is unfortunately playing up almost straight away.

Just like new! HAHA! Sorry, could not help myself....I had a lot of trouble with new Vectrixes!

The Vectrix has a brand new battery and only 150 miles on the clock, having been left unused for most of its 2 years. The battery was very recently replaced by Vectrix (for the previous owner) and at the time the Vectrix had a software upgrade.

That is very strange. I've read about several Vectrixes recently which had hardly been used. Maybe the owners found out that the ads were grossly exaggerating the range and found the scooter useless for the intended use? But to need a battery replacement, it would also have to have been neglected, like not being recharged for long periods.

In addition to this, when the bike is switched off, it is making a quite loud clicking noise which appears to be coming from a circuit board in plastic housing in the helmet storage compartment.

Usually there is nothing but the power chord and the courtesy light in the boot. Could you describe the "plastic housing" or post a photo?

I will call Vectrix on Monday, but would really appreciate any tips for either of the problems, and a view on whether I am ok to ride the bike in the meantime.

I would not ride or charge it for now.

Did the Vectrix ever work normally for you before this happened? Did the gauge count down normally during riding?
Was there no clicking when the Vectrix was being turned off?
Have you recharged already? Does the speedo needle sit on 110km/h for about 90min, then on 15km/h for 15min, then on 30km/h for about an hour, then on 15km/h for about an hour during charging?

Is your Vectrix is out of warranty yet?

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

moccasin
moccasin's picture

But to need a battery replacement, it would also have to have been neglected, like not being recharged for long periods.

Could have been the battery recall that occured last year.

Mik
Mik's picture

But to need a battery replacement, it would also have to have been neglected, like not being recharged for long periods.

Could have been the battery recall that occured last year.

Possible, but "The battery was very recently replaced by Vectrix" sounds more like a battery replacement due to overly deep self-discharge in storage.

Who knows.... hopefully Miguel will provide some more information. Every bit helps to figure it all out!

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

Elektro
Elektro's picture

It’s seems the same behaviour of my Vectrix, when performing the battery cell equalization every 8 h of vehicle using

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage