New batteries, but no juice at handlebars... 24V Iacocca mini-ebike... Any ideas??

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mr. Volt
New batteries, but no juice at handlebars... 24V Iacocca mini-ebike... Any ideas??

I just put two new 12V SLAs in the Iacocca mini-ebike- been riding it for the past couple of years without using batteries, just the bike like a normal bike.

Checked power at the battery case teminals, good.. 26V... flip battery case switch 'on', turn 'on' switch on handlebar controller, the LEDS should light up- no lights... nothing, no indication of power there.

Connectors in battery compartment are spring loaded and are ok.

Took the handlebar controller apart, as the on/off 'switch' feels sorta 'gritty'- but the switch works fine electrically. All 'looks' Ok.

removed body side panel- there's 26V at the two posts on the 'little black box'.

there's a red LED on the side of thatblack bopx- does not glow at all- when powr's on, etc.

Anybody know about these?

Any quirks I should know about?

Thanks...

gmouchawar
Re: New batteries, but no juice at handlebars... 24V Iacocca ...

Is the switch on the throttle on?
I know that is obvious, but otherwise it is the controller. There is nothing else for the throtle LEDS to work.
I have moderate luck in fixing these controllers. Let me know if you need help.

Mr. Volt

Yep, switch is on, is working- took the throttle/leds apart, tested, switch conducts when on (horrible feel though!- quality---) took EVERYTHING apart- even controller- seems it must be inthe controller itself--

I don't have the original service manual for this version- it's the 24V mini ebike, without headlight, taillight and horn... the maual i have has those gizmos, and only block diagrams for the controllers 'insides'-

what have you repaired in them? like, parts? i'd be surprised if they're available-

on ebay, there are some, generic controllers, not for the iacocca ebikes- from Hong Kong- with throttles. Thinking of making it a scooter- removing the pulse/pedal parts...

what do you think about fixing the controller? any simple tests to make?

thanks-)

BTW- do you have a schematic for what's in the controller? curious... and am thinking of bypassing extras to make the throttle, switch work- (LEDs too would be nice-) and go direct to power the motor from there- in case there's complication from the pulse gizmo..-)

gmouchawar

I have had good luck replacing the power MOSFETs and Diodes and a 6V regulator once.
If the processor is bad then you are done. They can't be found.
You should be able to replace it with a generic controller. The Mini doens't have any
accesories like light and tail light so you don't loose any features.
Any off the shelf throttle will include the LEDs as a battery meter.
If you still want, I can take a look at the controller for you since you almost got it out.
PM on this board.

Mr. Volt

Hi, thanks for coming back- I saw your posts on another iacocca post-

see what you mean about a new controller and throttle- especially if adding another 12v sla- maybe then get a 36v controller? would need a different charger then too though.

how did you figure out what to change out the mosfets, diodes, etc? i'd do it, but don't have a diagram- will PM you now-

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage