XB 700Li Battery problems ...

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
sixpax2k9
XB 700Li Battery problems ...

I don't know how to do this - i just wanted to post something--i recently purchased a XB 700 LI and after 5 weeks it is finally working!! i love it but i have a problem -- the battery is showing charged from the charger but when i put it in or turn it on the gauge is showing low and it makes a constant beeping just like the turn signals do--can anyone give me a clue as i'm about tired of dealing with x-treme--if i could find a mechanic in my area i would pay for the thing - as i don't think it is a serious problem--please instruct me how to post properly and if i'm on the right page and how do i get to the right page--thanking u in advance for ur help--JG

I am basically RE-POSTING this for Jerseygirl..................
Below is what I suggested she do.......

Best thing to do is go to the main page that shows all of the posts ie....

http://visforvoltage.org/forums/electricrides/bicyclesandpedelecs/xb500-xb600-xb700

Then click on the button that says "New Topic".

Fill out the title name for your post, then write the specific problem in the body area. Then at the very bottom of the page you click "preview" to examine what the post will look like, then you can edit anything that didnt come out correctly. Then click the "SAVE" button to post it onto the boards.

I would help directly but I have an xb600 not 700, and I am unsure what all is installed with the lithium battery pack on your specific bike. It could be anything from 1 bad cell, a bad bms, loose wires, or a bad charger even.

Best thing i would say to do is this.....

If you have or can get a multimeter, check the voltage of the battery pack before and after charging. A Fully charged 48V battery pack should read about 54V at a full charge(this is normal). If for some reason it is NOT reaching this voltage you then should check what voltage the charger is outputting. If it is in the range of 53-55V then it is fine. If that is the case, it is a problem with 1 or more cells in the battery pack or the BMS (battery maintenance system) is bad. In either case I would assume Xtreme would take care of it. I have heard of them sending out a whole brand new battery pack in some cases...

Hope this helps....

Jerseygirl
Re: XB 700Li Battery problems ...

sixpack2k9--thanks for responding--they sent me 2 brand new chargers and 1 (whole) brand new battery pack--the cable for the brake was stretched and a kill switch was activated - when my friend redid thecable everything was fine except the guage was not reaking charged and the constant beeping--which may be a warning beep for the battery being low-but if the guage is not hooked up properly maybe that's what is causing the beeping??

scootoregon

Hi there. Aside from the annoying beeping, can you ride the bike? Because when I put mine together, I accidentally pinched a wire when assembling the handlebars and rendered the whole vehicle useless as the motor wasn't getting any signal to run. Keep us posted. I love my bike. I have just about 1100 miles on it today, and I got it in late September.

Happy safe scooting. Spring is here, Scott.

sixpax2k9

sixpack2k9--thanks for responding--they sent me 2 brand new chargers and 1 (whole) brand new battery pack--the cable for the brake was stretched and a kill switch was activated - when my friend redid thecable everything was fine except the guage was not reaking charged and the constant beeping--which may be a warning beep for the battery being low-but if the guage is not hooked up properly maybe that's what is causing the beeping??

Unfortunately I dont have much experience with Li-Ion battery packs and BMS's. The battery meter Might be hooked up improperly. What you need to do to find out is this.... You need to actually have a voltmeter hooked up to the battery pack. Unless I am mistaken the 700Li is a 48V system, so the question is this....

When you fully charge the battery pack, does it read in the 52V range? Then when you turn on the bike, does it drop rather quickly to 48V? When the gauge on the bike is showing low battery, what is the actual Voltage of the pack? In order to know how to proceed we need to know this information, to determine if it is actually the gauge reading incorrectly or if there is indeed some other part of the bike that is malfunctioning and causing the battery to drain rapidly.

Also, if you take the battery pack out of the bike and charge it does it charge to around 52V?? Then if you disconnect the charger and let it just sit there, does it quickly drop to or below 48V??? how about after and hour or so? Cause it should stay at the 48V area for quite a while unless it is hooked up to something draining it.

Dave ; Tennessee
XB-600.

ascouserinnewyork

This happened to my 700 too. With no solution found. All I did was disconnect the bike speaker (which did eliminate the turn signals too) and biked along my merry way. The meter does not show the power as low - it shows the power as non-existant on my controller. The bike, and battery, still gave me full power and full distance so the issue was not the battery.

Again, I found no solution but my fix did remove use of my turn signals.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage