Schwinn Stealth 1000, issues after heavy rain

1 post / 0 new
phnguyk
Schwinn Stealth 1000, issues after heavy rain

Hello. New here. Two weeks ago we were in Florida, heavy rain. We thought we kept scooters pretty dry but apparently not. After about 3 days of use we both started having issues with scooters not reaching full speed. We took it easy and the next day both scooter would run ok then die. Leds would register green then red after a few yards. Shut switch off and back on and scooters would go a few more yards and then do same thing again. Pulled controller out of both and carefully dried em with a hair drier. Also pulled throttles and did same thing. No such luck. Figure it's the controllers but possibly the throttles too. I thing the motor or controller was going into a thermal protection if these do have that. Any suggestions. One more thing I pulled the cap off one motor to see if motor was full of water. I marked the cap and case to ensure proper timing. What a pain putting brushes back in(any tricks). Anyway this scooter wouldn't run at all unless I gave it a little help at which point it seems to have locked up tight. Again I'm guessing that scooter will need a whole new rear, it had that ticking sound I've heard about so I guess it was time anyway. Thanks agian.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage