Can I use an xb600 controller in an xb500?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mystify
Can I use an xb600 controller in an xb500?

title says it all.

I am looking to order a replacement controller for my xb500, but I read a thread that said that the person got better performance out of an xb600 controller - does this mean that the 600 controller is better AND can be used in the 500?

Cheers
Dave

Danga
Re: Can I use an xb600 controller in an xb500?

I am guessing you read my thread about my XB-500 upgrades and yes, you can use the XB-600 controller with the XB-500. The bikes use the same exact motor and I had no trouble at all hooking the 600 controller up on my XB-500, the connectors were even all the same.

As I mentioned in the other thread the controller definitely is a better controller, it is much larger and the components inside have a lot more room than in the XB-500 controller which should help with heat. The 600 controller also has 12 mosfets instead of only 6.

I definitely recommend getting the 600 controller unless you want to go to 72v anytime soon, if that is the case then you can get a 72v 30A controller from ecrazyman for $80 shipped (I hope to have one soon). You could get a 600 controller and then mod it in the future but you will end up spending more than the $80 you can get one already to go for and have fun changing all of those mosfets and the two capacitors.

I have noticed the 600 controller seems to accellerate much smoother and causes less engine noise (doesn't seem to have as much of a high pitched "whine") too. The only downside I have noticed is my driving range was reduced quite a bit due to the increased current the 600 controller delivers, I used to be able to come to work and get back home (10 miles round trip) without a problem but now I charge at work because the batteries get too low for my liking otherwise.

Who's online

There is currently 1 user online.

• gln103

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage