Fuses?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
prizestuff
Fuses?

Well, I bought one anyways, no help from anyone but (mordac?). Now, it is broken. I had it for one day and it broke. WTF? I pulled it out of my driveway, turned it on but didn't put any assistance or anything on it. I left it in bicycle mode. Then I preceded to pedal down the road, I was going around 15 km/h when a car started coming up behind me. I hit the throttle gently and the system shut off. The wheel locked up (felt like regen 4) and I couldn't move. Now, the battery won't take a charge and the motor won't move, even without the battery connected! I can't even turn it on. I put in another battery to test the system from a friends bike. It turned on but the wheel won't respond. I double checked all the connections and nothing seems to work.

Help would be appreciated,
Bob

sandorszabo
Re: Fuses?

Was the controller disconnected as well as the battery when you determined that "the motor won't move"?

How did you determine that "the battery won't take a charge"?

prizestuff

Yes, I even unwrapped the cable coupling going from the motor to the battery and disconnected the the power cable and the COMM cable. The wheel won't budge. (Stuck on regen 4) I also tried to charge the battery and the charger didn't even act like I was connecting the battery. It stayed red. I reset the charger and juggled the volt switch. Still at red. I even listened for different noises in the charger as the battery was connected, nothing. haha, I just spent $1785 on a system that lasted me one day. I am only 130lbs, if you need to know.

Bob

MiniVan

I would recommended that you take it back to the BionX dealer. They will examine the unit and fix anything that is not working under warranty.

matisamd

There is a fuse in the battery which is just 4 allan key bolts but the wheel shouldnt be able to be in regen mode if theres no battery as i understand the science also gen mode 4 dosnt lock the wheel so if its as you described compeltely siezed that sounds like the wheel has some issue and would need to be opened up etc take it back to dealer if you warrantied else a skilled electrician.

Monkey see, monkey do, so get the monkey to do it.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage