Dropped the scooter... Need some new body work/parts

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
lavectrix
Dropped the scooter... Need some new body work/parts

Well, there had to be a first time, I guess...

Went to turn around on an uphill curve with the wife on the back, and gravity got the better of me. Bike fell onto its left side (but not on us) accompanied by the sound of crunching plastic. Now I've got some broken bits on the plastic underside, just above the kickstand. A couple of holes, and some cracks. Damn. Plus the outer edge of the footrests are pretty scuffed up.

Anyone ever had to order replacement body pieces? In Southern California?

undead
Re: Dropped the scooter... Need some new body work/parts

I cant help directly - but sscott [at] vectrix.co.uk usually gets back by email pretty quick, he may be able to advise who to contact in Vectrix USA

myvectrix2008
myvectrix2008's picture

Steve Scott has been very helpful when I enquired about some parts.

I had an incident a couple of months back when my fuse blew. It was recovered by a 3rd party (nominated by the AA) and as they were unloading it off the truck, gravity got the better of the handler and I'm left with 2 panels needing replacement. Everything was documented and photographed. I just wish the company would get their act together. I've been emailing the company directly for regular updates, but I'm still waiting for them to replace the panels on my scooter. Anyone got an email contact for the AA complaints department?

Victrix

Hi lavectrix,

Any luck in locating body pieces? I did much the same sort of damage to my unfortunate Vectrix the other day, just as the company turned turtle. I'll take it to a couple of local body shops that do motorcycle repairs, but I now despair of ever actually getting the replacement parts that I ordered from my dealer. Rats.

lavectrix

Went by Noho Scooters a couple of weeks ago and they took pictures, notes, etc. They're the local dealer (sort of) in the LA area. The only response I got from them was the parts dept at Vectrix was trying to figure out which specific silver color it was (Smoke Grey), but they hadn't heard back. So now it doesn't sound too hopeful.

On the other hand, maybe Vectrix or it's creditors would be happy to dump any spare parts at bargain prices just to make an extra buck. Who knows..

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• boomingheight
  • janet
  • Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4

Support V is for Voltage