how many users will like this scooter

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
little
little's picture
how many users will like this scooter
AttachmentSize
Image icon yamaha copy.jpg21.3 KB

The scooter below is 300watt or 500watt, the range is 40-50km and the max speed is less 30kmph, is it useful for whose go to work in big city like Newyork ....etc?

little
little's picture
Re: how many users will like this scooter

The scooter below is 300watt or 500watt, the range is 40-50km and the max speed is less 30kmph, is it useful for whose go to work in big city like Newyork ....etc?

yamaha1.jpg
yamaha copy.jpg

little
little's picture

Welcome dealer or distributor to cooperate with us.

Specification: lead acid battery or lithium battery
1)Motor power: 350w /500watt
2)Battery: 48v /14ah
3)Carton size: 143.5*32*86.5cm
4)N. W: 65kg
5)G. W: 72kg
6)Max speed: 32km/h (25km/h in certificate)
7)Rated loading: 125kg
8)Range per charge: >40-50km
9)tire size:16.*3.0 inch
10)controller:17~18A

wookey

30kmh is slow for places where you have to travel with traffic. It's fine for places where you can travel in bike lanes or have wide roads so overtaking is easy. In most UK cities you need to be able to do 45-50kmh to have a pleasant commuting experience (or have a vehicle which counts as a bike and travel with the cycle flow).

Wookey
Sakura s50 (Efun A)

justincbi

I guess yes. A fast scooter like 60mph but only 30miles range seem not only unsuitable for city cos it is too fast but also unsuitable for freeway cos range too small. BTW, the scooters on two pictures are different. I have the below one. Need more info. mail: justin.cbi [at] gmail.com.

JavierCentenera
JavierCentenera's picture

First Picture is from an e-Mo Scooter, manufactured by e-Ton Group and powered by means of a 750W rated motor and boostered to 1200W. As You can See at BERECO

The another one is other Scooter produced at different Chinese Factories? Not the same scooter

marylandbob

In big cities of the USA, a top speed of at least 75Kmph, or about 45 MPH maximum is advisable, with the ability to transport a load of at least 200 pounds, uphill, at at least 60 Kmph (about 35 MPH) This would probably be best accomplished with a 72 volt or greater LITHIUM power pack, and a motor with at least 5 peak horsepower.(about 3,750 watts peak)-Average/continuous horsepower cabability should be at least 2 HP (1,500 watts)And a range at least 40 miles is desirable, with the ability to maintain at least 60 Kmph for 30 miles (50 Km)-Charger should enable at least 2 charging current selections-LOW, with a 120 volt input reqirement not over 7 amperes A.C. and HIGH, with an A.C. input not over 15 amperes A.C. at 120 volts. (An optional FAST CHARGER, operable from 200-260 Volts, A.C. with a requirement for 20 amperes or less A.C. input, would be a nice option)--I live near Washington, D.C. and the ability to maintain at least 35 MPH (60 Kmph) is critical to avoid becoming a traffic hazard. Quick accelleration is also desirable!-- I presently have a VECTRIX, and it is adequate as far as hill-climbing and speed, but the battery charging can be a problem, as it does not provide for charging from a low-amperage (less than 15 ampere) 120 volt A.C. source, and heating of the VECTRIX Ni-Mh battery is somewhat of a problem. For city use, the vectrix would be very nice if equipped with a 40 AH or greater LITHIUM battery, and user selectable charging current, allowing greater range and charging options. As we USA riders tend to be somewhat larger and heavier, uphill capabilities are important, and having an extra 12.5 to-14.5 volt lighting/accessory battery, with reserve to power items such as a radio/stereo, cell phone, heated gloves/clothing, and/or burglar/security alarm are also desirable attributes. The vehicle should be immune to damage from freezing or hot weather, and also safe from damage if parked outdoors in wind-driven rain or snow, or operation in rainy/wet conditions.--------Bob Curry

Robert M. Curry

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

In big cities of the USA, a top speed of at least 75Kmph, or about 45 MPH maximum is advisable, with the ability to transport a load of at least 200 pounds, uphill, at at least 60 Kmph (about 35 MPH)

I can understand Bob's reasoning. However, those specs would place the vehicle in the motorcycle (or motor driven cycle) class and require a motorcycle endorsement.

However, I believe there is a market for mopeds in big cities (and elsewhere). The limitations on mopeds differ from state to state - in Michigan a moped has a top speed of no more than 30mph and no more than 2 hp. The above bikes could fit well in that sort of grouping.

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

R
R's picture

Dear Little.
It does look nice, but to me it is useless. Let me explain:
In Barcelona there are around 300.000 scooters. The vast majority of them are 125-600CC 4 stroke maxiscooters: HOnda SH - silverwing yamaha Xmax - Tmax Suzuki Burgman Aprilia sportcity... My Vectrix performs good enought to survive through all this jungle of motorbikes, but I can't bet the new HOnda Sh 300CC, the Tmax 500cc or silverwings 400CC-600CC!! Every new generation is more powerful!. Starting from a traffic light we can easely reach 70 km/h in a matter of seconds. People loves fast acceleration. A scooter with a top speed of 30 km/h would not only be useless, but extremely dangerous due to this extremely low speed (and sure it also has extremely low acceleration).
I suggest you set bigger wheel diameter to gain stability, disc brakes, a good frame/suspensions, a good lithium battery and a 7000w engine (minimum)to perform 0 to 80 km/h under 8 seconds and 100 km/h top speed. End price between 3000-4000 Euros. Would not be as fast as a conventional 125CC but it can be a good seller in Europe.
Cheers,
R

little
little's picture

maybe I don't know too many big cities, however, in shanghai, 20km range is for most people city commute. how it is to New york, Washington ......

marylandbob

I live very near Washington, D.C. and commuting traffic travels about 50 to 60 KPH in town, and many trips involve short trips of 10 to 15 freeway miles, at speeds around 110 KPH. A range of 30 miles is usable for many people, but 40-50 mile range, at speed of at least 60 KPH, is mor desirable. Lithium batteries are very desirable! Motorcycle endorsement is easy to get, unless you have a bad traffic record, or alcohol/drug problem, in which case you should not drive! Moped type vehicles cannot keep up with much of Washington, D.C. area traffic, other than very congested inner city areas. Acceleration and ability to climb hills without noticable speed reduction is very important! Vectrix does well with D.C. traffic, but needs range and reliability of a lithium battery with higher capacity, say 40 to 60 ampere-hours at 125 to 160 volts-Bob

Robert M. Curry

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage