LiFePO4 charger problem frustration

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
reikiman
reikiman's picture
LiFePO4 charger problem frustration

I have a 24v10ah pingbattery pack bought over a year ago. It's seen little use but is currently installed in my Charger bicycle. I had it out for some significant riding on Friday and the pack gave out after only 5 miles or so. What's worse is the charger doesn't seem to be charging the pack. Right now at rest the pack reads 23.8 volts .. and hooking up the charger the voltage doesn't increase and the charger's light stays on green.

I opened up the charger to see if any components were vaporized or something. Nothing seemed amiss in there.

Obviously the charger isn't charging the battery. But ..why..? It's so frustrating that these black boxes give so little useful information on what's going on.

In the meantime the pack is dangerously low ..so.. I have a 24v SLA charger that I've just connected, and it's going right to work charging the pack. Seems to indicate the 24v LiFePO4 charger as being the problem.

decibel1
Re: LiFePO4 charger problem frustration

I have had a number of cheap chinese chargers stop working on me. Usually, like yours, they just stop charging, even when the power light is on. I am now using two Thundersky chargers (48V, 6 and 15A), which seem well built and work fine so far. I also have used a Soneil 48V SLA charger with no problems (they seem to last forever, although the final charging voltage, at 57.5V, is slightly low) and a 48V, 8A Taiwanese SLA charger I bought on Ebay a while back which also only charges to 57.5V.

JLGRAU
Re: LiFePO4 charger problem frustration

I noticed that I had dropped my 48 v lithium charger. Actually it fell down twice while in the bottom of my back pack. Plugged it in and I got smoking charger. These chargers are sensitive to bouncing and dropping. Unable to repair it. But I have 2 other 48 v chargers.
My point is that you could have lightly damaged it. These chargers may be repairable but more info is needed.

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage