Is my EV Global 24V controller bad?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
openear
Is my EV Global 24V controller bad?

I bought an Ev global 24v Ebike in non-running condition that I am trying to fix. I am suspecting the controller is bad, but maybe it's not. I am looking for a diagnoses from these symptoms.

I have tested the following. The motor turns when powered directly form a power supply so it is good. The battery is new and measures 25 volts.

When I first put the battery in with mail switch to off, the tail light came on. I jiggled the left hand brake lever and it goes out. If I pull in either brake the taillight operates properly.

I would think the brake light shouldn’t function with the power switch in the off position. Does anyone know if this is functioning correctly?

I measured the on/off switch as it goes into the controller. It is open in the OFF position and 10k ohms in the ON position IIRC.

The throttle goes between about 400-4k ohms.

The horn and headlight work.

I would think the only logical items that would stop the controller from outputting power would be if the brakes were on or it was switched on with the throttle engaged. Both those items seem to check fine, so is there another item that must check OK before outputting power to the motor?

It looks like I can get an OEM replacement controller on ebay for about $140 or a generic 24v controller for about $40. I have seen the treads for other places too.

I have the service manual. I'm just looking for an opinion if it's bad and I need to by a replacement or if there is hope this one is still good.

Thanks,
Garret in Houston

openear
Re: Is my EV Global 24V controller bad?

Well,
I bought a new controller and it is working good as new now. If anyone wants the old controller for parts or repair they are welcome to it. I found that there was a burned resistor right next to one of the power transistors. The brakes lights and horn worked with the controller still so maybe it can be made to work again. Just cover shipping and it's your free.
Garret

tomascg

I recently acquired a few 24V EV Global bikes. Some in better shape than others. I may be interested in that controller of yours. Do you still have it? Also, the manual is supposed to be in the download library, but I just get 12kb pdf files that have no information. Could you email me the manual? Please, please, please.
Much appreciated,
Tom

gmouchawar

I put the manual in the library. If you send me your email with PM I will send you a pdf copy.

james joule

Hi, I'll have any old or broken controllers and burned out or broken motors, my e-mail is joule [at] hotmail.co.uk cheers, James.

tomascg

I'm not sure what PM is. I sent you two messages through the V is for Voltage message system, which I assumed you meant by PM, but you never responded. Therefore, I concluded I am doing something wrong. Please let me know what PM is so that I can send you my email address. I would really appreciate the manual.
Thanks,
Tom

tomascg

Openear,
Did you go with a OEM controller or generic? If it is generic, what brand? I tried the Currie controllers, but they do not work.
Thanks,
Tom

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage