XB 700 Li - Blown Battery Fuse

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
PzlPete
XB 700 Li - Blown Battery Fuse

Just received my 700 Li on Tuesday, and was very happy with the first few hours of riding until suddenly it stopped and lost all power. I pulled the battery and checked the yellow fuse, and it was not burned out. But there is a second fuse in the battery pack that is an inline fuse, 20 amp, and it was burned out. I replaced it with a high voltage 20 amp from Ace Hardware and it has worked fine since, but that was just yesterday.

Any ideas what could cause this fuse to blow??? Otherwise it has performed beautifully. I have not checked the voltage on my battery pack yet, but get a top speed of about 44 kph (indicated) with 225 lbs on the bike, so I am assuming everything is normal.

Buzzer
Buzzer's picture
Re: XB 700 Li - Blown Battery Fuse

Have you blown any more fuses? The fuses that came with my bike (an XB-600) haven't blown, but they seem to be incredibly "chinsey" (extremely thin materials) compared to the extra replacement fuses with the same specs that I bought locally from Radio Shack. I was surprised the original fuses weren't damaged on the trip over from China because they were so thin.

Buzzer

There are three kinds of people: Those who make things happen, those who watch things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

PzlPete

Thank you for the reply. No it has not blown a fuse since I replaced it with a 20amp, high voltage ceramic fuse from Ace Hardware. That was 6 days ago, and we ride it probably 10 to 12 miles a day.

ChucknFl

I haad the same fuse blow it is the third wire not + or - leads. I think you better check again because even though it was yellow it was a 5 amp fuse on mine. I think??? it happened because I plugged into outlet and then bike and the book says plug into bike first

ChucknFl

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage