Our NiMH batteries explained by Vectrix Technical department

1 post / 0 new
jmap
jmap's picture
Our NiMH batteries explained by Vectrix Technical department

I’ve posted this at the thread "Refrigerated Charging" but it seems that people doesn't see it there, so I've created a new thread just to inform that Vectrix Corp, answered some while ago to my worries... Maybe it was the last time, but that's another matter.

I have received the answer from Vectrix about my readings because I was suspecting about having a bad sensor. I share you what they told me...
They say that: NiMH batteries should not work with temperatures above 40ºC. Damage can happen in these cases. But, the NiMH batteries used on Vectrix can work with temperatures above 50ºC, and damage can only happen above 60ºC. Above 80ºC, the damage will be permanent.
So, I must not worry because my readings are perfectly normal (See "Refrigerated Charging" for that).

What about that? Do we have special NiMH batteries? I will continue trying to keep temperature bellow 30ºC. That will not hurt them for sure.

In other hand I had access to an early paper from engineers from Vectrix. That paper included links to these batteries. I can't confirm if these are those that we have, maybe someone can confirm that:

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage