BionX Throttle Stuck "ON"

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Bbbashful
BionX Throttle Stuck "ON"

While out on a ride today, I went over a small bump and the throttle became stuck in the "ON" position. It took a few seconds to realise that the throttle lever was not returning by itself to the "OFF" position. I had to pull it back to turn it off.

Once I arrived at my destination, I took a close look and discovered that there is a small return spring. One end of it had popped out of a retention slot in the throttle handle. I needed a small screwdriver to get it back into place.

I hope that this is not going to become a re-occuring problem.

Bbbashful
Re: BionX Throttle Stuck "ON"

Back to the dealer.

The throttle lever is sloppy and loose. There is a screw that holds it in place but we had no luck with adjusting it so the dealer is going to replace my defective console with a new one. He hopes he'll have one in a few days.

BionX is swamped with orders and he is having a hard time getting in BionX systems to sell.

GTAluigi

i have similar issue with my throttle control, but that was because i went into an accident and it kinda messed it up, else it was working fine until the day of the accident.

good thing is, i don't use it at all, i use the A & G buttons more often, as they are quicker, and more accessible than the throttle.

i was thinking i might as well just rip off the throttle since i don't use it.

the level for the throttle is just too far away, and in an awkward position that is not natural when riding the bike

Bbbashful

There are many different types, shapes and sizes of handlebars, brake handles, and gear shifters. Many combinations make it almost impossible to mount the control console in a convenient position. It's not easy to fit the control console, brake handle and gear shifter together on the end of a handlebar so that they are all easy to operate. I bought a new handlebar when I purchased my BionX and of course this required all new cables for the brakes and gears. Even now, the location of the control console is less than ideal.

Bbbashful

The BionX dealer called this morning to let me know that my new replacement "control console" had arrived from BionX. The replacement was no charge, covered by the warranty. I had to re-program the wheel size. The odometer is back to zero. I am pleased with the fast service.

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage