EV Global challenge

1 post / 0 new
notaguru
EV Global challenge

This 24V SLA eBike is in fine shape, as long as I'm willing to pedal. I received it with the controller removed and wires dangling. It had a charge on receipt, and using a conventional resistance-based battery tester both batteries appear to be fine.

The donor said that the controller is bad, but inside was no burnt electronics smell, and all of the components looked correct with no singe marks.

As for the dangling wires, one of the controller's plugs has no corresponding wire, which should end in a 4-pin connector. The rest (2, 3, and 8) are present. The high-current wires ending in loop connectors are of two diameters. Can I assume that three small go on the corresponding small post, and the one large on the other?

If there's no 4-pin on this configuration, and I've correctly deciphered the power wires, then I should be able to just wire it up and "go".

However, the little thumb tab that should be on the throttle is broken off. I can easily fit something, or perhaps even find a replacement, but would like to know that the basic electrics are functional before doing that. But wouldn't it be great if the same event that broke that tab also did internal damage which caused the "bad controller" report?

I tried to find a manual online with no luck, and in this forum the links supposedly pointing to a service manual and a user guide are broken.

Any guidance will be appreciated. I'm in my 70s, and would like to get this machine operational in my lifetime.

Thanks!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage