Schwin s600 electric scooter help please !

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
doreen
Schwin s600 electric scooter help please !

i am just a mom who bought a scooter for my daughter at sams club a couple years ago for xmas the scooter was to big for her to ride so is has been charging in the garage for a few years....went to use the scooter and didnt work.took the batteries to battery store and they said i needed new batteries so i bought 3 new ones 3 batteries cost 144.00....scooter ran about a mile then drops down to no charge but when turned on says green but drops to yellow and then red right away,so i took batteries back to shop they un hooked the batteries and said the battries are fine i should buy a charger.I ordered a charger waiting for it to come in the mail.I hope this will fix the problem another 30.00..... the scooter cost me 300.00 new and this is alot of money for a scooter that is new.The other problem is that the battery store un hooked all the batteries and could not figure out how to reconnect them the correct way I dont know how to connect the wires I need help... a picture would be great.The battery store said if they are connected wrong it will damage the batteries and i will need to buy new batteries again. can someone please help me ?? thank you

e-doggies
e-doggies's picture
Re: Schwin s600 electric scooter help please !

doreen,

Are you still looking for help? Does your scooter have the batteries in a "canvas" bag, with a red and a black wire coming out thru a metal grommet and terminating in a 2-pin connector? If you still have all the wiring, I can talk you thru this easily. Pic if we'd need to...

Harlow

doreen

Yes it does have a bag .I welcome the help.

doreen

A picture would also be help full if i need help in the future.look forward to your reply

e-doggies
e-doggies's picture

batteries 003.jpg

Let me know if you need more details. Make sure the push-on connectors are TIGHT!

Schwinn batteries have the terminals soldered onto the battery tabs. How did the battery store handle that? Did you have to replace the connectors on your wires?

I just disassembled a factory pack from an S750 (identical battery pack) and took photos at each step. So I have others if you need them. This shot is after all the straps and spacers are removed and the batteries are turned up for photo clarity (they normally lay on their side in the bag). Battery on the left was in the bottom and the battery on the right was closest to the zipper.

Harlow

doreen

I dont know what they did at the battery store when they took it apart i picked it up they had it back together but when it lost charge right away the other battery guy the next day took it a part and could not put it back together and said if it is not put back together correct the batteries will go bad and i will need to buy new ones. so i hope this works. I recieved the 36 volt battery charger in the mail today. the cost is adding up I am praying the her scooter works.Thanks for all your help and i will let you know if the scooter works.

doreen

Do i need to charge the batteries with the charger before trying it ? If so how long ? thanks again for your help

e-doggies
e-doggies's picture

Yes, you need to give it a complete full charge before you start riding it. The charger may have a light that comes on when the charge is complete. Most chargers will turn-off when the battery is full. Don't leave it plugged in for more than 24hours. I think a good overnight charge should be sufficient. Never leave it plugged it all the time when you are not using it!

Re-charge after every ride and disconnect the charger once the battery is full. If/when you store it for a prolonged period of time, you should give the pack a "top-off" charge a couple times a month to get maximum life.

Batteries ARE expensive to buy, but only cost pennies to recharge. It's like buying a new car and also having to buy 2-3 years worth of gasoline at the same time.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage