Pre-charge sequence

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
myvectrix2008
myvectrix2008's picture
Pre-charge sequence

Has anyone else experienced this with their Vectrix?

Lately when I plug it in, after the 1 second or so delay before anything happens, all dash lights come on and the speedo needle moves round and back again as normal. But every once in a while (maybe 1 or 2 times a week at most) it appears to shut off completely for half a second and then goes through the lights on, speedo needle sequence again before the fan turns on and it start the charging process as normal. After charging is complete it seems to ride no different to usual.

This is my typical usage pattern...

I charge mine twice a day during the week - my round trip is approximately 50 miles which is mostly 50/60mph A-roads. I always let the complete charge finish until shut-down. The scooter is normally left to stand between 3-4 hours before I need to plug it in. The software was freshly updated just before I took delivery end of September 2008.

volts76
Re: Pre-charge sequence

Never had that happen to me. You shoud plug in as soon as you get to your 25 mi stop point with a 3-4 hrs delay. This will bring down the temp of your batteries before recharge. My daily commute is 15 mi each way. I wait until get home to recharge at night (cooler temps) after a 5hr delay. When I wake up the next morning, I disconnect- reconnect the power line (with delay function) to cool the batts from overnight heating (charging). This usually drops the batt temps from 30 to 27 before my ride to work.

AndY1
AndY1's picture
Re: Pre-charge sequence

That's a really smart idea.

So, for example, you have a pre-charge delay set at 1 hour, first, you let the charging process to finish and then you unplug and plug again, so that the pre-charge cooling sequence cools down batteries after full charge.

When I get my bike back, I will set it up with an automated charging plug timer, so that it cools down batteries for at least 1 hour before my trip to work in the morning.

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage