s350 help

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
piepie
s350 help

I recently inherited two s350 scooters that are mechanically sound but don't run. I checked the charger first and got no voltage, pulled the batteries out and charged them individually on my car charger. now the light comes on when you throw the switch, but nothing else. all connections look good, fuse is good, but motor doesn't turn at all. How can I check the throttle and the controller?

e-doggies
e-doggies's picture
Re: s350 help

Does the motor run if you connect it directly to the battery?

piepie

yes

e-doggies
e-doggies's picture

Well, that's a good thing. If you have a voltmeter, check to make sure you are getting battery voltage to the controller. The light you have only means the switch is on. Check on the battery side of the connector closest to the controller. You should have voltage close to the rated voltage of your pack. 24V? or more. Then check the throttle connections coming from the controller. Do you have 3,4,5,or6 wires going to your throttle? Does it have any led's? If you check all combinations of wires and cannot find any voltage going to the throttle, you probably have a bad controller.

One afterthought, if you have a brake lever with a switch and two wires running to the controller, it may be stuck in the closed position and the controller would think the brake is being applied and shutoff power to the motor. Simply disconnecting the two-wire connector at the controler would eliminate this as a potential cause.

piepie

I have three wires on the throttle, no led's. I checked for a brake switch but i dont see any wires on it at all. I'll plug in the batteries and check for voltage out of the controller. thanks

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage