This is big enough news for its own thread... extended from http://visforvoltage.org/forum/7165-new-nissan-leaf-electric-car#comment-41001
I came across this article earlier today:
Renaults all-electric show stars It says that at the Frankfurt Auto Show this coming September, that Renault will be showing ONLY electric cars. It will not be showing any liquid fuel burning cars, only electric. It goes on to describe five or so vehicles
- an electric version of new Kangoo (light commercial vehicle) for professionals and fleets;
- an electric version of a family car, launched first in Israel and then in other countries;
- in 2012, a full-electric city car measuring less than four meters long and with five seats, ideal for commuting;
- also in 2012, a new type of urban vehicle;
- beyond 2012, Renault will continue to extend its electric car range to cover all segments.
I've just written an article:
Renault (and Nissan) aiming to be leaders in electric cars
It's based on information on Renault's web sites...
Renault.com Eco^2 Way http://www.renault.com/en/CAPECO2/Pages/cap-eco2.aspx
Renault Eco^2 http://www.renault-eco2.com/
All you can see on their websites right now are pictures of the concept car they demonstrated last year. No doubt this year they'll have other vehicles to show, the concrete designs given that their timeline is to begin selling electric vehicles in 2011.
What you can see in the concept car pictures is an underlying design that shares a lot with the Nissan LEAF design.