Who is doing great things with their EV?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
reikiman
reikiman's picture
Who is doing great things with their EV?

This morning I had a great idea.. I know that some of y'all are doing great things with your EV's, riding them everywhere, having a good time, and decreasing your use of oil, etc. At least, I'm doing this and I sure hope some of y'all are doing so as well. That's why this website is here, for each of us to help each other get around town w/o burning oil.

Anyway .. I have this news gig with examiner.com covering Green Transportation.

The idea I had was to use that site to showcase the success y'all are having with your vehicles. The idea is to pick one person at a time and write an article about how you're using your EV, what you're doing with it, how you got into this, what your goals are, what your dreams are, etc, and to include as much pictures and video as can be done.

Of course you'll have to be willing to have you and your vehicle on a major news site.

Who wants to be first?

myocardia
Re: Who is doing great things with their EV?

I hereby nominate any self-built commuter, or John H, or Mik.

reikiman
reikiman's picture

Don't everybody all raise your hands at once... ;-)

Seriously, I want to use the power of examiner.com to showcase what some people are doing to get electric vehicles on the road ... any takers?

antiscab

my emax isnt really something i want to show off, and my car isnt quite finnished yet.

is there a deadline something needs to be posted by?

Matt

Daily Ride:
2007 Vectrix, modified with 42 x Thundersky 60Ah in July 2010. Done 194'000km

reikiman
reikiman's picture

No, no deadline. I was actually hoping enough people would be interested that I could do one a week. But I'm going to have to recalibrate my expectations on this obviously.

johny b

OK, I will try to go first. I was watching David Letterman one night and he had on Tom Hanks talking about his electric car. I think that this was about 2003 or 2004. This got me thinking about commuting to work (about 8 miles) with an electric vehicle of some kind. I bought an eGo electric cycle in early 2005. Then I bought an electric mountain bike. Then an electric car, well a Zap Xebra and then I opened a retail shop selling only electric vehicles of many different types. I joined the Electric Auto Association in 2006 and by 2008 started a chapter near Pittsburgh, PA. Our club the Three Rivers EVA has 20 plus members today. I have started converting a car (a 1965 Austin Healey Sprite to be exact) to all electric in my spare time (which I don't have very much of). I have been contacted by several different people to help them convert a car to electric. I have even been contacted by someone to help design an electric vehicle from the ground up to hopefully put into production some time here in the future. My business gets inquiries from all over the world about selling or representing electric vehicle companies (not just those based in China).

myocardia

I hereby nominate johny b for this week, John H (aka jdh2550_1) for next week, Mik for the week after, and if all goes as planned, you can interview me if you want for the week after Mik, about my solar powered bike that I should have completed by then.

bikerchic50

I was visiting a Fortune 500 business the other day and the first two PREMIER parking spots were not labeled CEO or Visitors....they were labeled "For Electric Vehicles Only!" Plug in and all!!!!
I was so excited to see that:)

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage