Is the Enertia in customer's hands yet?

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture
Is the Enertia in customer's hands yet?

Does anyone know if the Brammo Enertia is actually in the hands of a paying customer yet?

The only thing I heard was that the Portland Best Buy has one on display (but that's not the same thing as a paying customer riding one).

If anyone knows of one on the road and of a customer review I'd love to read it.

Thanks.

knabo
knabo's picture
Re: Is the Enertia in customer's hands yet?

My local Best Buy does not have them yet. They have other minor electric scooters though.

I am still waiting to see one. I don't think it is too likely that you will be able to test ride one at a Best Buy.

I did mention elsewhere that I finally saw a GPR-S in person. They are so small. I expected them to be a bit bigger. (maybe because Todd is on the small side, it makes the bike look bigger)

Luther Burrell, Mesa, Arizona, USA
Rides: ZuumCraft from zuumcraft.com
Previous Rides: Blue Vectrix Maxi scooter

reikiman
reikiman's picture

The twitter chatter from Brammo people doesn't indicate actual sales have happened, but there's been a continuing stream of reveals such as a wide range of colors and other things.

As a followup to my examiner.com article about BestBuy .. I went by the San Carlos store again and got to talk with their Electric Vehicle guy. I have on my desk the guys card.. and his actual business card says "Electric Vehicles" on it. That's real interesting that Best Buy has "Electric Vehicles" as an official role.

Anyway he said Enertia's at BB was going to be only a few select stores, with the San Carlos store being one of them. He has gone for Electric Vehicle training in Minnesota and at Brammo in Oregon. I'd seen an article discussing Best Buy people taking training at Brammo. He also told me Brammo would be having a van which could travel around the Bay Area to service Enertia's - if you recall a month or two ago there was a service job opening for the SF Bay Area listed on Brammo's website.

Now that adriangstewart is a V member maybe he'll pop in with some info...

Brammofan
Brammofan's picture

I haven't heard about actual delivery yet, and the Enertia on "display" story is new to me, as well. My "source" isn't there yet, but hopefully I'll hear something by the end of the day.

Brammofan
Brammofan's picture

I can confirm that the Best Buy does NOT have an Enertia on display. They did not know when they would appear at the store.

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

Hmmm - I wonder where PIA got their info: http://www.pluginamerica.org/plug-in-vehicle-tracker.html

Progress: Selling at a Best Buy store in Portland, 4 more test stores soon

I sent them info on the C1x but they're still "considering whether it meets their criteria"

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

Brammofan
Brammofan's picture

I don't know, except that there have been many reports in the media that the bikes are "currently on sale." Once one source gets it wrong, it gets quoted over and over. This "launch watch" has been a real eye-opener.

I'm familiar with the C1x. Why wouldn't it meet their criteria? They have other bikes there that appear to be closer to the "conceptual" stage than yours.

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

I'm familiar with the C1x. Why wouldn't it meet their criteria? They have other bikes there that appear to be closer to the "conceptual" stage than yours.

I dunno, the conspiracy theorist in me suspects Mik has a hand in it! (just kidding!!!!!!)

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

knabo
knabo's picture

In the Brammo newsletter it states that the BestBuy enertias will only be available in green. Not my favortite of the available color choices.

And why can't you buy one in the color you see in all the video? The one with orange inner panels and a brown seat. That one looks better than their production colors. (IMO)

Luther Burrell, Mesa, Arizona, USA
Rides: ZuumCraft from zuumcraft.com
Previous Rides: Blue Vectrix Maxi scooter

evfinder

I was the Best Buy store in West LA (corner of Sawtelle and Tennessee) and they had a Brammo on display there. I think the price on it was $11,995.

Noel

Noel
evfinder.com

nathanabbott

Does anyone know if the Brammo Enertia is actually in the hands of a paying customer yet?

The only thing I heard was that the Portland Best Buy has one on display (but that's not the same thing as a paying customer riding one).

I bought the one in the Portland store yesterday. Evidently they've been getting a lot more calls after the price drop. I think they have around 7-8 serious lookers & another guy who's supposed to place an order for 2 today. I'm picking it up next week & will try to post back with some pics & details.

cheers,
nathan

nathanabbott

In the Brammo newsletter it states that the BestBuy enertias will only be available in green. Not my favortite of the available color choices.

The salesman in the Portland store told me I could pick another color & they could swap it out within 24 hours since the factory isn't too far away.

And why can't you buy one in the color you see in all the video? The one with orange inner panels and a brown seat.

Agreed. That's a hot looking color combo. The orange/silver & orange/carbon fiber bikes were the prototype & the $15K special edition models, respectively. I asked the best buy dude about them but sadly, they're not available. It does look like all the body panels are modular & swappable, however. It should be pretty easy to repaint/customize or maybe buy another set of panels with a different color later. I'll know more when I pick it up next week.

oobflyer
oobflyer's picture

Brammo.jpg
I test-rode it! On Saturday (12-5-09) I test rode the Inertia at the nearest Best Buy. It was really fun... but, as a Vectrix rider I must admit I was a bit disappointed. I guess I assumed that since it has the Li-ion batteries that it would be better than the Vectrix, but...

The Inertia accelerated a bit more quickly (initially) than the Vectrix (this is subjective, not measured), probably because it is significantly lighter, otherwise...

The top speed was only about 57-58 MPH (the Vectrix claims 62, but I routinely push it up to 65 MPH).
During the 2 to 3 mile test ride the battery dropped from 50% to 36% (I was riding fast and hard though).
The charging time is 4.5 hours! I asked how much current the charger draws, but the saleslady didn't know... (the Vectrix draws 7 Amps and charges from empty in 3 hours).

What I liked about it:
I prefer the motorcycle-style (vs the scooter style).
I liked the light-weight feel and maneuverability.
I liked the larger wheels/tires (Vectrix tires are quite small).
Everything about it felt very well-made - it had the feel of an OEM bike (Honda?)

In any case... they don't take trade-ins! I'll stick with my Vectrix for now (and cross my fingers about the possible Li-ion upgrade some day...)

oobflyer
oobflyer's picture

Best Buy explained to me how they deal with the colors of the bikes - they all arrive at the store with the green body panels, but Best Buy has the other body panel colors in stock and it's just a matter of removing the green panels and switching them with the color of your choice - they made it sound like it was quite easy to do.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage