battery pack wiring to switch from series to parallel

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
janeffto
battery pack wiring to switch from series to parallel

Is there any way to have a battery pack wiring to switch from series to parallel.I want to keep my 48v charger and then run 72 volts with 2 extra batteries. Can I wire a switch to switch 24v series to a 12v parallel to use a 12v charger to charge both of them at once?

thanks
cheers

mf70
Re: battery pack wiring to switch from series to parallel

I've seen folks that did this with relays or even switches, but the most straightforward way I've seen is through a jumper plug that changes the pack geometry from series to parallel. I wrote it up for my old scoot, and I've been happy with the rewire of my new scoot as well.

You could easily charge all six batteries with one charger, and get the battery balancing benefits, the easily available high quality 12V charger benefits, and the auxiliary power source benefits from one change.
(note links)

janeffto

Just for the last 2 batteries can I use two single pole double pole switches. Use 48v charger for pack and 12 volt charger for the last 2?

mf70

Sure, but why? If you're modding it anyway, why not make sure your pack stays balanced? Do you REALLY trust that Chinese 48V charger? Will it charge to the same level per battery as the 12V charger?

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage