I recently bought a new brushless motor controller for electric bikes from http://www.goldenmotor.com/
If you go to that site you can read all about this new controller and its unusual features. I bought the 48V version and put it on a bike which has a 48V 1000W chinese motor kit on it (I think the kit is also from Goldenmotor, but I bought it on Ebay), and they shipped it to me right away. The site says that the max current is 50A, but my motor will only draw a maximum of 30A. I paid $60 plus $30 shipping. I have just done a test ride of about 20 miles on it and everything I have tried works fine. Features include:
1. Better control on speed and acceleration than on the stock controller that came with the kit.
2. Cruise control, which works fine.
3. Real regenerative braking, which works only when the brakes are used and really helps in braking these heavy electric bikes.
4. A horn (?)
5. Apparently the ability to get you home if the hall sensors on the motor or the throttle become inoperable (!) I have not tried these features.
6. Theft control with auto wheel locking (I have not tried this - it apparently works such that if you turn this feature on, it detects vibration and automatically locks the wheel.
7. Automatically communicates failures by using a system of horn beeps to tell you which problem you have (this was already useful to me in connecting up a new throttle).
8. Forward and reverse (I do not intend to use this).
9. voltage and current controls, but the low voltage protection can be overridden if you so desire.
10. Motor phase self detection and calibration (useful if you want to use it with a motor not made by Goldenmotor).
11. Very nice construction with a heavy aluminum case which serves as the controller heat sink.
12. Came with all necessary cables and a steering wheel mounted switch for the horn and cruise control. A number of the connectors were the same as on my original kit controller, but a few were different and I had to change them. For this purpose they incude a set of connectors to use.
13. No load power consumption of only 1W, which is even lower than that on the Crystalite Phoenix Cruiser system I have mounted on another bike.
First impression is that this controller is a steal.