modding a tante paula, maximilian 2, e-scooter ( similar to the currie e-zip 1000)

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ecruiser
modding a tante paula, maximilian 2, e-scooter ( similar to the currie e-zip 1000)

hello friends,

i am new here and a german owner of a tante paula maximilian 2 e-scooter.

here is the link:

http://www.tante-paula.de/praktisch/maximilian_II.html

this scooter is similar to the currie e-zip 1000 (direct drive !!)

my problem with this scooter is i need more torque, because my city has a lot of hills !

so i need to tune it up !!

last night i have written all your tips (12 sites) and now i know it is very difficult to tune my scooter, because the direct drive (no chain) !

my dream would be a brushless set up of powerpackmotors with 1000 or 1500 watt

http://powerpackmotors.com/

but his homepage is shut down,anybody knows has tim ended his business ????? has someone a active e-mailadress of tim ??

the next possibility of buying the 1000 watt brushless set is

http://www.thesuperkids.com/600wahspsuto.html

...but holy shit, this shop are not answering on e-mails ( i have tried it 3 times, one week ago ) !! is that normal in american shops ??

has anyone of you a shop-link, who wants to earn money and is selling me a brushless kit ??

it seems to be that the direct drive is not handling the 1000 or 1500 watt-power of a brushless set-up, so i am considering

to sell my new scooter with the direct-drive and buy me the nearly same one, called ferdinand 2 with a chain-drive.

here is the link:

http://www.tante-paula.de/praktisch/roller.html

what do you mean ??

i hope you understand my written words,sorry but it is a long time ago (25 years) i have learned english in scool.

thanks to all for your support !

yours josef from germany

e-doggies
e-doggies's picture
Re: modding a tante paula, maximilian 2, e-scooter ( similar ...

The gearbox drives on these scooters are a huge obstacle for modding. Even if the PowerPack motor was available, you would still have a problem mounting it to replace the stock motor. The end plate of the motor is cast in one piece with the gearbox.

To get more power from your existing scooter, you could add a 4th battery and a 48V controller that could send 40-50+ amps to your stock motor. Again, the gearbox is the limiting factor. They do NOT have freewheeling, and there are many complaints about the gear teeth failing. Is yours making any tick tick tick noises, yet?

The second scooter you linked to, would be much easier to mod, but does not have as robust a frame as the 1000W scooter does. A PowerPack motor would bolt right on. You could add a freewheel clutch on either the motor or the wheel sprockets.

If it were me, since you already have it, I'd try adding more power to your existing motor and see if you can get the performance you want. In the meantime, you might also look for a used scooter of the same make that has a rear swing-arm already set-up for a chain drive.

Hope this helps,

Harlow

BTW: I don't know if it is "normal" for SuperKids to not return your e-mails, but I consider it unacceptable. Since they have no "ORDER" button next to the motor kit, and they don't reply, I would assume the product is not available. I've noticed that Tim has been "fishing" for quite awhile now, so I don't know if we'll ever see anymore of his BLDC motor kits.

Ecruiser

hi harlow,

thanks for your support !

no...there is no noise. my scooter is brand new !

the second scooter has the same heavy frame like the e-zip 1000, only little things like color,controller,lights and motor are different.

i think it is much easier for me to buy the second one with a chain.

the biggest problem know...who sells me a 1000-1500 watt brushless and controller who will fit ????????

anyone has a idea ??

greetz,

josef

e-doggies
e-doggies's picture

The frame on the Max is made of oval tubing around the top of the battery box (main "backbone" of the scooter), while the Ferd, uses round tubing. Also, according to the pictures, the Ferdinand II has the older style adjustable seat post, while the newer Max has the larger, tapered, non-adjustable post so you're stuck at one seat height.

If you find a 1000W (or more) brushed or brushless motor that will fit these scooters, please let us know.

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage