Big sticker that says "ELECTRIC"

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
israndy
israndy's picture
Big sticker that says "ELECTRIC"

Where are all those stickers coming from that I see all over the internet. I just bought a 2007 and was hoping to have people stop me and say "Cool electric bike", but people don't realize it's not a Suzuki scooter until I get up to speed and by then I am gone. From a distance I see they have a curious look on their face, wanting to know more, but I am now away.

I see many of these with the word ELECTRIC scrawled across the back of the bike on each side. Are these factory or aftermarket? Where is a good place to get them?

-Randy

avronw
Re: Big sticker that says "ELECTRIC"

On the same theme, does anyone know the font name of used by Vectrix, or a similar matched one?

myvectrix2008
myvectrix2008's picture

My Vectrix came plastered with loads of graphics all over it. These must have been factory I guess as they looked identical in layout to the ones seen on Internet, Youtube, etc. Within a day, I removed them all as too many people were staring at me and my Vectrix! All that remains on mine is the Vectrix wording, plus 'Electric' on either front side panels.

MikeB

One source for a nice 'Electric' sticker is via mpgstickers.com:
http://www.cafepress.com/mpgstickers

My electric vehicle: CuMoCo C130 scooter.

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

MikeB - I like those MPG stickers. I wonder if they'd do an "infinity mpg" sticker (the "sideways 8" for infinity). That would be cool...

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

MikeB

They didn't have the 'Electric' sticker a few months ago, so I emailed them and explained that 'Plug-In' wasn't quite right for an electric scooter. I suggested that they add a new one, and they did. So they're obviously open to requests, but I think 'Electric' is probably better than 'Infinite', especially since there is still some energy being used to make our electricity.

Btw, I've got 'Diesel' and '44mpg' on my car.

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

I think 'Electric' is probably better than 'Infinite', especially since there is still some energy being used to make our electricity.

Yes, but...

(a) this is about making a statement - and so if people question that statement so much the better (they start thinking)
(b) although MPG equivalency is one reasonable way of comparing different technologies it's not the only one - plus there's no "ANSI" or "IEEE" standard for the equivalency calculation
(c) I plan on carrying a little vial of gasoline and pointing out to folks that I've never had to refill it... Hence "infinite miles per gallon".

;-)

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

Steve Scott

How many do you want, we have hundreds

Steve Scott

turok
turok's picture

I'd consider two.. how much to ship then to BE? (edit: dirk [at] turok.be)

"doing nothin = doing nothing wrong" is invalid when the subject is environment

kevin smith
kevin smith's picture

does any body know the equivalent that a vectrix would do to the gallon.??
i/e if it aprox cost £ 5 per gallon YES you are hearing right american men!!!!! over in england it costs some.
well would i be thinking a sticker that says 1.650 miles to the gallon sticker ??????? thanks kev..

reikiman
reikiman's picture

You're talking about cost equivalency.. e.g. $0.nn per kilowatt hour and $n.nn per gallon so spending $5 on gasoline or $5 on electricity, and how far would either get you on comparable vehicles. Yes? No?

I wrote up a different comparison: Equating "fuel" efficiency between electric, hybrid, and gasoline vehicles ... There is an accepted conversion of "gasoline gallons equivalent". The idea is to convert every "fuel" to a BTU equivalent and then convert through to gallons of gasoline.

For example Tesla Motors claims (or used to claim) 170 miles/gallon (equivalent) because of how watt-hours per mile converts to gasoline. I found that my electric bicycle gets 1120 miles/gallon (equivalent) and my electric motorcycle gets 130 miles/gallon (equivalent).

There's been a lot of complaining in the blogosphere the last few weeks .. because GM (for example) made a big deal of noise that the Volt gets 230 miles/gallon (equivalent, in city driving). Obviously the idea of converting electricity (kilowatt hours) to gasoline (gallons) really tweaks people in a way they don't like.

DSR

There is an accepted conversion of "gasoline gallons equivalent". The idea is to convert every "fuel" to a BTU equivalent and then convert through to gallons of gasoline.

The problem with the method that estimates an equivalent miles per gallon by equating the energy inputs to either BTU or kWH, is that it tells you a lot about the relative difference in energy efficiency between the EV and ICE vehicle, but it doesn't doesn't tell people what they really want to know, which is the relative cost per mile. This is because the cost per kWH (or BTU) is not necessarily the same for gasoline as for electricity, and they are both constantly shifting with respect to each other. Simple MPG comparisons work among ICE-only vehicles because the cost per BTU is the same in all cases. It won't be quite as simple when comparing EVs to ICE vehicles. Unfortunately there won't a single static number that will allow a universal cost/mile comparison between EV's and ICE vehicles because the relative costs are always changing.

Personally, I think it would be better for EV's to specify the miles per kWH rather than the "equivalent MPG". People can then simply divide the their local $/kWH by the miles/kWH to get the cost per mile. They can then do the same simple calculation for their ICE vehicle (divide the $/gallon by the miles/gallon). They would have to do a simple calculation, but this way they can make a direct cost comparison rather then a less uesful direct energy efficiency comparison.

Unfortunately, gasoline has an extremely high BTU content per gallon, so using a method that compares cost per mile may show a less dramatic improvement for EV's than a method that compares energy efficiency (we all know electric motors are far more efficient than ICE engines). To compensate for this, EV vendors can point to additional savings due to mechanical simplicity and lower maintenance cost.

Dave R.

moccasin
moccasin's picture

Randy,

Hard to beat the price of factory decals (free from my dealer when he was a dealer), but I replaced them shortly after aquiring both my bikes with better quality graphics. The factory graphics were solid white, but my replacements are reflective and have drop shadow effects, so they are a bit more "catchy" in my opinion, but may be way more than you wanted to spend on decals.

Here's a link to a post I did on the graphics, and where to buy them. You can click the links under the graphic images and purchase directly from the site if you're interested.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/vectrix/messages?msg=10.10

One thing I couldn't duplicate but would love to add is the big "No Gas" sticker with the red circle and slash through it for the windshield. Mine had one on the original shield, but I replaced the shield with a taller one and would love to have one on it as well.

MikeB

One thing I couldn't duplicate but would love to add is the big "No Gas" sticker with the red circle and slash through it for the windshield.

If the sticker had 'No Gas' inside a red circle with a slash, then you have a No-No Gas sticker, a double-negative, indicating that your Vectrix actually does run on gas. I hope you guys haven't been advertising your nice electric rides as if they were gas powered. :(

Steve Scott

If anyone wants these stickers mail me at sscott [at] vectrix.co.uk and i will let you know the shipping costs etc.

Steve Scott

moccasin
moccasin's picture
One thing I couldn't duplicate but would love to add is the big "No Gas" sticker with the red circle and slash through it for the windshield.

If the sticker had 'No Gas' inside a red circle with a slash, then you have a No-No Gas sticker, a double-negative, indicating that your Vectrix actually does run on gas. I hope you guys haven't been advertising your nice electric rides as if they were gas powered. :(

Sorry Mike. Didn't mean to put you in a tizzy, my friend ;-) The sticker doesn't SAY "No Gas", but I didn't know what to call it, other than calling it a "Big-red-circle-with a slash in the middle-and GAS underneath" but that would have taken way too much of my time! HAHA!! ;-)

MikeB

Sorry Mike. Didn't mean to put you in a tizzy, my friend ;-) The sticker doesn't SAY "No Gas", but I didn't know what to call it, other than calling it a "Big-red-circle-with a slash in the middle-and GAS underneath" but that would have taken way too much of my time! HAHA!! ;-)

Years ago, I had a summer job in the IT department of a small industrial plant. They had a safety campaign that summer, and started giving out t-shirts that had something like "No Accidents" within the red circle with a slash. When I casually observed to the HR person that the shirt had a double negative, they quickly recalled all the shirts and came up with a new logo. Apparently, it's a more common mistake than you'd think.

moccasin
moccasin's picture

Apparently, it's a more common mistake than you'd think.

My favorite is "Hot Water Heater" :-)

spinningmagnets

I encourage everyone with an EV to print up "business cards" that have the vehicles basic information, and then perhaps include a web-address pointing towards V-is-for-V, perhaps with the specific location of your thread so they can find the performace data of your E-scooter/E-bike.

Leave two cards on your scoot/bike when parked, that are labelled "please take one card"

Many print shops (Kinko's etc) can print out on clear sheet, and peel-and-stick clear sheets are available (to make your own stickers). If you want to cover old factory stickers or just make your frame look newer (or just want a different color) you can buy rattle cans of auto "touch-up" paint. But be very patient. You will WANT to slap the paint on all at once to see it done quickly, but that will cause drips.

Move the frame around and spray downward with light coats. Let it dry for a couple hours before the next attemp to add more paint so the solvent from the new paint doesnt bubble the tacky older paint. If you need to sand a drip, let it cure hard for a couple days. Once you are happy, do the same with a clear coat.

Practice first on a piece of scrap pipe. If you are patient, you will be suprised at the good results you are capable of.

Buzby
Buzby's picture

When my Vectrix arriveed, it DIDN'T HAVE the large 'ELECTRIC' sticket - but I'm glad I didn't, the smaller ones on the wing are more subtle, and is less 'in your face'. I really wanted a YELLOW VX1, but it wasn't a colour choice - although I've seen some yellows models subsequently, I believe these are 'wrapped' in plastic. If I take this route, I'll lose my existing Vectrix decals, as the old stickers will have to be removed - any chance of a fresh set so I can reapply them once the colourisation takes place?

- Raymond

turok
turok's picture

Thanks, VUK, for the ultra-rapid reaction and shipment of my set of stickers!

Great service!

Dirk

"doing nothin = doing nothing wrong" is invalid when the subject is environment

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage