Schwinn S500 Charging Problems Plz HELP!

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
breal1028
Schwinn S500 Charging Problems Plz HELP!

hello all,

im having a lil problem with my schwinn s500 had not much use but I tried plugging in my charger to my batt. Note my charger is a Jing Cheng 24v charger has 2 LED indicator (FULL) which is Green and (RUN) which is RED. Now the problem is that as soon as I plug in my charger the green FULL led indicator stays solid I DO NOT get a RED (run) light at all. So I disconnected it and check the output voltage from the charger and im getting about 27.5v now i got to my battery its about 23.4v Im dont know whats going on here im assuming that I have a faulty charger can it be something else?? Id just hate to buy a battery charger if need not be. Do you guys know what voltage should come out of a charger? Can a bad controller affect the charging process? I did check all connections for possible weak points ect. PLEASE ADVISE!! Thanks!!

marylandbob
Re: Schwinn S500 Charging Problems Plz HELP!

27.5 to 28.0 volts is correct output for a 24 volt battery charger used to charge a 24 volt lead-acid battery. You may have a battery that was left in a discharged state too long. Lead-acid batteries should be stored/put away fully charged!Failure to do so, or discharging them too deeply, can damage them. If the battery is sulphated, or if connections are corroded/loose, the battery will fail to accept a charge, and the charger will think it is already charged. Sometimes, by leaving such a battery on charge for 48 to 72 hours, it might recover, but if you do so, check it often, about every 6 hours, to be certain that it does not start to get HOT! If it does start to heat up noticably, stop the charging!---Bob Curry

Robert M. Curry

breal1028

Hi marylandbob,

Thanks for the tip...its exactly what I found out to be. 8-)

marylandbob

Glad to be of assistance! Ride safe, and enjoy!-Bob

Robert M. Curry

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage