Blown Charger

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
snail
Blown Charger

Hi All,

Just wanted to post a feel-good story today.

My V blew up it's charger a couple of weeks ago. With all the doom-mongering on the forum, I was not optimistic about my chances of a cheap or quick fix.

Nevertheless, I phoned up VUK, who helped me to diagnose the fault and charger type and told me they had one in stock. Fast forward to today, they arrived at my door (50 miles from their HQ), fitted a new charger and rode away into the sunset, like a B-movie happy ending!

So, at least in my experience, VUK is alive and well and doing all it can for us Brits - the guys on the ground certainly have all my support.

And the best thing of all? An out-of-warranty charger is replaced free of charge - fantastic. Call me idealistic if you like, but I love that level of customer service! You wouldn't get that from a Suzuki dealership...

Cheers,

Brian

R
R's picture
Re: Blown Charger

VUK is alive and well and doing all it can for us

Nice to know VUK is still in bussiness, like the spanish dealer.

Would it be possible for you, Brian, to make them another call and ask them about the future of Vectrix?. Sure they have a story to tell!
Thank you!

snail

Would it be possible for you, Brian, to make them another call and ask them about the future of Vectrix?. Sure they have a story to tell!
Thank you!

Hi R,

You can imagine that the first question I asked Steve Scott was: "So, what's going on?" He told me lots about this. There seems to be an awful lot of politics going on, some of which spills onto these pages...

It appears that there are a number of serious bidders, some looking for the IP, others looking to continue the business. It seems that nothing is absolutely certain, but VUK seem optimistic that there's some kind of future and security for us owners. I'm a little reluctant to pass too much more on, Steve's got some strong feelings about this, and I wouldn't want to second guess his opinions (or risk the wrath of some of the more polarised members of this forum...) - as I say, I'm very happy with my local team and hope that I can rely on them for many years to come.

Brian

R
R's picture

Nice to know this first hand news, thanks Brian!
Still crossing my fingers, hope the best to VUK and all European Dealers.
R

of some of the more polarised members of this forum

Polarised! What a nice english word! I could not possible think of a better word to describe him, er, them...
Still crossing my fingers, hope the best to VUK and all European Dealers.
R

snail

Trying my best to be diplomatic! ;-)

snail

And the best thing of all? An out-of-warranty charger is replaced free of charge - fantastic.

Sorry, I should have explicitly said "fixed" free of charge (not replaced) - I just realised how that might have looked!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Persival
  • boomingheight
  • janet
  • Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57

Support V is for Voltage