Main beam flasher

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
myvectrix2008
myvectrix2008's picture
Main beam flasher

This evening I was having a play around with the Vectrix. With the bike switched on, stand down, I pressed and held the flick switch that operates the headlamp flasher. After about 3 seconds, I heard a blip from the horn. I released it and pressed and held it again only to hear the blip again after 3 seconds.

Does anyone know what feature have I enabled/disabled? I gather it's something to do with the headlamp, but not quite sure exactly.

I also noticed that the main beam and flasher beam produce a different light pattern to each other.

X Vectrix
Re: Main beam flasher

With the hi/lo switch in the lo position, if you hold then release the flasher after the first beep you enable the dual beam mode. In this mode while you are moving and have the switch in the hi position, both bulbs will turn on. If you stop (with switch in hi position) the low beam will go off after 20 seconds. In the lo position, only the low bulb is on.
If you continue to hold till the 2nd beep you turn off both bulbs. Switch to the hi position to turn them back on. BTW..you can only do this when the scoot is not moving.

Mik
Mik's picture
Re: Main beam flasher

With the hi/lo switch in the lo position, if you hold then release the flasher after the first beep you enable the dual beam mode. In this mode while you are moving and have the switch in the hi position, both bulbs will turn on. If you stop (with switch in hi position) the low beam will go off after 20 seconds. In the lo position, only the low bulb is on.
If you continue to hold till the 2nd beep you turn off both bulbs. Switch to the hi position to turn them back on. BTW..you can only do this when the scoot is not moving.

In older software versions it can be done during riding, that's how I found it! But if you hold it too long, then it turns the light off altogether, not so good at night!

This feature led me to the belief that some HID light should be OK to use, because they draw less power continuously than the stock lamp in dual filament mode.

But there is still the problem of the rear light failure that might be cause by this.

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage