motor runs backwards

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
gilnetwisc
motor runs backwards

I have read a million things,no luck.guy who sold it to me cut all the wires .hall,throttle.He put spade connect and took pic of how they hook up.prob:he doesn't show which two(1red 1black)go to throttle/two that go to motor.these are all skinny wires.I managed by actually using high power optic to id them by marks on the spades.so I hooked exact as he showed.Motor ran backw.he keeps trying to put off like it's a fun puzzle for me instead of just admitting he screwd up.claims it has to be thephase wires to motor(fat wires)but those connects he didn't cut off.they can only connect one way.(three andersons stuck together)After performin hrs of surgery w/scalpel and optics to cut away all the silicon,every where.I can see the wires on the board.prob:He"thinks its crystalite".Its been modified to run at 52v.W/wires -out,on my right,mosfets north,the two reds are close but definately one rt,one left;the blacks are extremely close,almost look soldered to the same hole but I can see one lL and 1rt.I don't want to start switching wires and blow cont and/or motor.all forums read say this will happen.I don't have fancy bench power supply.I know this really is zilch to go on but is there a place I can view circuit boards,starting w/clytes so I could see which goes to throt/halls?This board was modified by steveo if thats any help.ANY help would be appreciated.First bike,me old crip.like to ride once before I die.

reikiman
reikiman's picture
Re: motor runs backwards

First thing any of us will need to know is the model / manufacturer of the bike in question. Hopefully someone here has one and will have some experience to share.

mopedbrainy

just switch the brake assembly to the opposite side and then turn the wheel around acordingly

gilnetwisc

Its a rear hub 4011,controller has been modified from brushless,so chances of match seems slim now.Made me think, If its brushed motor should it even have hall sensors?Real dumb quest. but all info I find is for brushless/cont+motor.They get dumber,what would happen if I hooked it up w/o halls connected,just phase wires?So I could run combos to find forward,smooth?Dumbest;If both the hall sens.power and throttle power is 5v wouldit matter which ones I hooked?I tried combos r/b to throt and halls and seems to power both just runs backwards.This is buggin' me.I blew up all photos ever posted of this setup including a video showing it running "right before" shipping and its the exact hook up.If he is right then this could be the first case of a motor changing phase while sealed in a box during shipping.Houdini would be proud.

gilnet

marylandbob

If it is a "3phase brushless" motor, just switch any 2 of the three heavy motor wires! (There should be 3 heavy guage wires coming from the motor, swap 2 of them, rotation will reverse.)--With brush type motors, simply reverse the polarity of the 2 heavy motor wires coming from the brushes.-Bob

Robert M. Curry

gilnetwisc

that sound like good info It is a brushed motor,has 3heavy wires,on three conjoined andersons.The three from controller Y,BL,G,the same.The person whom I bought it from said only switch them from the controller.I did one of the possible 6 combos beside the way it came,no luck,so I returned it to orig. and did the 6combos w/the hall sensor(skinny wires)no luck.So This is me regrouping before proceeding to a smoking controller.The second thing you mentioned,pertaining to brushed motors,how does one go about this?And how is it different than the "try all combos till it works" theory?First time I heard that one.The andersons from controller are black,red then black.He said he didn't take them apart.(I see no reason why he would) and the video w/motor running he made to show me it working,has them b,r,b.It appears to be same,but it could be the 2black tipped andersons were reversed.the red cap is clearly in the middle.thats why I was hesitent to dive in.thanks

gilnet

gilnetwisc

BINGO!triedall combo's of fat wires,ybl,g.^ options, 5th worked..So far so good.I either lucked out on power wires,skinny,to throttle and motor or power is power and either red/black combo works.This is all before I've turned bike right side up so maybe getting ahead of myself.gonna try it out.Hope I don't end up pushig it home.Been 5yrs. since I started research and decided I wanted a ebike.I'm way too old to proceed this slow but I at least will get first ride today.Haven't been able to drive motrized bike of any sort for many yrs do to cycle injuries.hope I don't wet myself.

gilnet

gilnetwisc

As soon as I tried to run w/me in the saddle,wheels on ground it was no-go.I've checked every thing over again.both red and both black thin wires from controller seem interchangable.right V,ohm readings.Hall wires w/power,turning wheel by hand w/meter:All showed just under 5v's EVERY 15 Degrees.what the.....? Does this mean it's geared? Again,If this motor is a 4011 Brushed(I think the controller w/ hall sensors were to convert it to instant start rather than pedal first?)and controller is brushless converted(?)could I get the phase wire problem solved by taping off ALL hall wires and just hooking up throttle to controller, and hub phase wires and spinning wheel to start motor? I have run out of even really, really stupid questions.It's getting to dark to see.

gilnet

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage