Ecodrive in Vancouver carrying 2010 EVTs with new brushless motors

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
jasonx
Ecodrive in Vancouver carrying 2010 EVTs with new brushless motors

It's true that EVT is offering a new brushless drivetrain with a considerable increase in torque. Searched around and found Ecodrive, the distributor for EVT in Canada have these in stock now. I called them yesterday to find out more about them. I was told that they are in the process of updating their website: evtcanda.ca. The motor chassis and controller box are 30% larger that the older versions with better heat distribution; 30 and 40ah lithium polymer batteries are available; top speed can go up to 70kph. $2,995 for models with GEL packs; at least 2k more with lithium packs.

2010 drivetrain

R
R's picture
Re: Ecodrive in Vancouver carrying 2010 EVTs with new ...

Hi. I'm starting to get familiar the EVT. I'm looking for an electric bike for my wife. These 5k buks for 30 Ah LI battery and 70 kph looks quite expensive.

Here in catalunya I can get 4kwh brussless motorbike with 60 Ah 60v LIPO BMS for around 4.3k euros. Real range over 100 km, top speed 90 km/h. There's a 5kwh 100 km/h version, but range is sliced to 80 km. Still not sure, but looks a nice choice. The BMS display to take care of the batteries is something I really miss in my vectrix...

The model is Teycars cantabrico
http://www.teycars.com/index_archivos/Page332.htm

Are you happy with the EVT?

peter3L

These 2010 models are also sold in Europe. I recently bought an EVT 168. Acceleration is great but the speed is restricted to 45 kph (real GPS speed).
The website of EVT Taiwan says you can get the same scooter in a 25, 45, 47 and 55 kph version. I suppose I have a 45 kph version because of European regulations. Still that Canadian top speed of 70 kph sounds interesting. How do they do it ? Exaggerate the top speed, tweak the controller or use a different one ?

gurkelur

Get an unrestricted controller from EVT Canada. Send an email to info [at] ecodrive.ca and make a request. It's really important that you get the 2010 controller, as the older ones are made for DC motors, not AC. Or you could make one yourself ;)

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage