Max passenger/cargo weight?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
eraserbones
Max passenger/cargo weight?

Is there a maximum recommended passenger & cargo weight on a VX-1? Obviously adding weight will reduce the range and pickup, but is there some point at which I'll start to wreck the suspension if my passenger and I are larger, or if I use the cargo hold to haul barbells, etc?

I've been googling and digging through the manual, but I can't find the answer to this question. Most likely that's because it's right in front of my face.

AndY1
AndY1's picture
Re: Max passenger/cargo weight?

Weight of the bike is 231kg and max. weight is 426kg. So the added weight can be up to 195kg.

That says in my registration document. Data is taken from COC - Certification of Conformity (EU)

eraserbones

Thank you!

myvectrix2008
myvectrix2008's picture

That's 30.7 stone according to Google. That's including you, a passenger, both helmets and riding gear, plus any accessories such as extension lead, security chain, etc. All I know is, that doesn't leave a lot for a passenger in my case...

marylandbob

Allowable load, consisting of operator, passenger, added accessories, and luggage, should total less than approximately 430 pounds, according to the VECTRIX owners manual.(150 pound operator and 280 pound girlfriend=Max load!) Be aware that you are more likely to blow the fuse when carrying a passenger uphill and accellerating rapidly, due to the sustained high amperage draw. Avoiding prolonged full throttle use, especially on uphill runs with a passenger, may be good advice, especially if your machine still has the 125 ampere fuse!- Bob

Robert M. Curry

Mik
Mik's picture

Just have a look at the compliance plate between the front fork for a laugh!

The rider may weigh more than a ton!

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage